My Top 10 Overrated Films

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Cars 2 is definitely the weakest Pixar film, IMO. But I do like the first one in a cute, childish sort of way. But I hope Pixar can still do better than that. I hope Pixar picks up it's game with Brave, not really anticipating it, but hoping it's a return to the almost perfect form audiences have come to expect.

Although I love Disney movies because I'm a girl and most all girls love the stupid fake love crap, I completely agree with you on "The Little Mermaid" for a lot of reasons other than what you stated. It started the whole love movie theme and I don't think it has a good influence on girls or boys. I think it completely helped ruin children's thoughts on love and romance. From watching the Disney princess love fairy-tales growing up, it made me want high standards of a man that is prince charming in a nut shell. How realistic is that? Looking at the guys point of view, it's made them not want to do any cute, romantic things because once they do, they will only hear whining from their girlfriends for them to do more romantic things! Maybe it's me just reading too much into something that isn't, but I wish that some romantic movies could be more realistic, and not set an unrealistic standard, such as the Disney Princess Movies.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yes, I think you're reading too much into Disney's The Little Mermaid. Would you prefer that movie to teach "girls" that they're going to croak when they attempt to "rise up" to their desired level?

Lol no. That part of the movie is definitely something to watch.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
The Hunger Games. I thought it was incredibly overrated. I didn't enjoy it very much either...except for the guy with the beard.

One thing this thread did do is make me put a restraining order on myself and I guess that's a good thing
How far do you have to keep away from yourself at all times?

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
there are actually a ton of realistic romance films in existence. but I think I, along with the rest of Disney fans , prefer my Disney Princess movies more cute and fluffy, not edgy and realistic.

I think that I have just grown out of them for the most part, although I still watch them. I think my favorite out of all of them has been Tangled because I love the fairytale part but also the "girl empowerment" part of the whole thing.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
The Hunger Games. I thought it was incredibly overrated. I didn't enjoy it very much either...except for the guy with the beard.
Woody Harrelson was basically the only enjoyable part for me too. The movie itself was very blase.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
1. 8 1/2
2. La Strada - Felinni's style is so pretendious I hardly can stand it
3. Avatar - the plot has been used in at least two older movies, boring animation
4. There Will Be Blood - the movie is too overrated. It wasn't bad but it's not a masterpiece as everybody claims
5. Into the Wild - just no
6. The Deer Hunter - scenes in Vietnam are great, but rest is mediocre
7. The Shining - perhaps I've to give it another try, but it wasn't too good
8. True Grit - pretty average movie; overrated for directed by Coen brothers
9. Exterminating Angel - not really keen on Bunuel but out of 3 movies I've seen by him(don't count the short) it is the worst one
10. Pulp Fiction - it's like the most overrated movie ever; don't know why people cream over this flick

1. 8 1/2
3. Avatar - the plot has been used in at least two older movies, boring animation
4. There Will Be Blood - the movie is too overrated. It wasn't bad but it's not a masterpiece as everybody claims
5. Into the Wild - just no
6. The Deer Hunter - scenes in Vietnam are great, but rest is mediocre
8. True Grit - pretty average movie; overrated for directed by Coen brothers
9. Exterminating Angel - not really keen on Bunuel but out of 3 movies I've seen by him(don't count the short) it is the worst one
10. Pulp Fiction - it's like the most overrated movie ever; don't know why people cream over this flick
98% of this is not explanation

The plot might not be new but how can anyone find the animation/effects boring, watching it in 2D is sublime, beautiful colours and depth in all the nature/planet sequences. Shots of flowers/creatures slowly floating around are absolutely gorgeous on blu-ray, like this sequence for example:

Avatar was one the worst movies I've ever seen.
A war film with old story and other stolen stuff, nothing new but the effects, which I've not seen, cause I saw it on TV.
But the rating is so good, just because of the effects. On imdb.

Inception... for the same reasons I think.
But I was perhpaps not in the mood.

Inception
One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest, although it is a very good film
The Shawshank Redemption
Fight Club
Se7en
The Usual Suspects
Momento/Insomnia
Saving Private Ryan
Forrest Gump

8. True Grit - pretty average movie; overrated for Coen Brothers
IMO all of the movies you listed are that directors best film.

And come on you can diss on Avatars story but it looked beautiful

Edit: la strada was sh*t I agree, I thought you put La Dolce vita

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
2. Best of Fellini? I've seen two and La Strada is better than 8 1/2, so I agree :P
3. Terminator 1&2 is much better.
4. Haven't seen his other movies
7. IMHO the worst of Kubrick, but again I have to rewatch it
8. No Country for Old Men is much better
10. I liked Kill Bill more

Yeah, I do not deny that Avatar's visuals are good, but the movie is overrated as hell.