What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Got some more:

^ New film from the people who directed the French horror film Inside, so looking forwards to this.

^ Missed this when it was shown on television, was not that interested in it at the time but then saw a clip from it and really liked the look of it.

^ Adore Melanie Laurent, so will see any film with her in.

^ Maxine Peake is suppose to be amazing as Myra Hindley in this and not surprised because she is a fantastic actress.

Well B&N had 40% off on blurays so I got the bluray criterions of Breathless and Rules of the Game.

Law Abiding Citizen on blu ray at Wally World. Was priced at 5 bucks so I thought I'd take a chance on it. Had a couple people, who's movie taste I was weary of before, tell me it was good. Should have listened to my instincts because it was a stinker. Oh and to top it off went to register and it rung up as 9 bucks. Freaking Wal-Mart.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

It's a little convoluted and way overblown by my taste, but also gritty, compelling and brilliantly acted. Apparently Lumet's film also partly influenced Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight...

Prince Of The City

Remember my dad putting this comedy western on when I was a kid and really loving it...can't wait to see it again...

Skin Game
(1971)

Thought I'd also snap up a couple of other James Garner comedy western classics at the same time...just wish the Garner-less The Life And Times Of Judge Roy Bean wasn't so expensive so I could add that too...

Support Your Local Sheriff
Support Your Local Gunfighter

Talking of supporting local sheriffs...I also picked this up for the Joe Don Baker starring original which has been OOP for a while. Not that interested in the sequels, but not complaining for the price...

Walking Tall
(1973)
Walking Tall: Part II
(1975)
Final Chapter: Walking Tall
(1977)

Also got this French Connection semi-spin-off with Roy Scheider playing a different/the same (???) cop called Buddy. Pretty overlooked fun with another knockout car chase...

The Seven-Ups

Last and by no means least, another long but riveting undermentioned action thriller from John Frankenheimer. Bruce Dern is aces in this one. Highly recommended...

Black Sunday
(1977)

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Black Sunday (1977)
Quite fancied seeing this when I became aware of it during my 70s thriller season but seemed to be very expensive at the time. Did you have to pay quite a bit or did you get it at a nice price?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Got some DVD's at HMV the other day.

Why? because thats how I roll mother****er!

Field of Dreams (seen a million times but don't actually own it)
Copland
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind ( haven't actually seen it yet)
Dynamo: Magician Impossible (friend recommended, TV show)
Manhunter

Quite fancied seeing this when I became aware of it during my 70s thriller season but seemed to be very expensive at the time. Did you have to pay quite a bit or did you get it at a nice price?
Yeah it is expensive, but I've been checking on Amazon for a long time and finally found a good deal...

I bought it second hand from the US site for £8 including shipping.

The disc and case are both mint. Very pleased. Great movie.

Just bought this and don't know why I haven't seen it yet as I adore other works from the director. Someone recommended the film because I'm a fan of the animation Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind - Hayao Miyazaki worked on Horus also as an animator - and this film is similar. It looks fantastic. It's called Little Norse Prince here in the UK but I think its original title is Horus: Prince of the Sun.

Think Like A Man, Battleship, Kings Speech, Baby Mama and The Lucky One. Bought because I needed replacements and I love new releases.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I bought Rhapsody in August, Throne of Blood, and Ran because I'm a psycho who dreams of owning every Kurosawa movie.

I just bought The American Friend because:

- I like Dennis Hopper
- I like Bruno Ganz
- I like the picture of a train that looks like it's moving that Jonathan Zimmerman gives to his son
- I sometimes wish it still was the 70's, or at least that I had got to experience it as an adult
- It is a great film
- They don't show it often enough on TV here

I've pre-ordered this film on blu-ray, it's been out in America for a while but America don't seem to have it on blu-ray and find that rather odd because it's usually the other way around for countries, but the UK is getting it on blu-ray:

Devil - just to add to the collection, and it was on offer

Devil - just to add to the collection, and it was on offer
I bought that as a blind buy, very happy I bought it, decent horror film that I thought was going to be absolute rubbish.

Finally, this blu-ray has come down in price. After having it on my rental queue for ages and waiting it was taken off the list by the company because it was no longer avaliable for rent and it still isn't. So decided to buy it on blu-ray but it's been going for an expensive price on most mainstream websites I order from - £20+... - but I just had a look at HMV and it's gone down to £12, so I've snapped it up because it's still expensive from other places.

Wanted to see this film for ages.

Been wanting to get a Blu-Ray player and start a collection for a while now, though what better way to start it then buy the film that got me in to not only Tarantino as a director, but film watching as a whole. Got the limited edition as it looks good and one I bought was second hand but good as new, disc not used, cards still sealed etc