Television Tab

Tools    

An episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. I'm in love with Finn! this is probably my favourite team line up since the whole series started back in 2000. Apparently Elisabeth Shue has signed on for another series, so very happy about that.

Some random/stray observations/ratings of some of what I've been watching.

The Newsroom (Season 1) - Split down the middle on this so far. Love Jeff Daniels, but there are lots of issues. Not Sorkin at his Social Network or Moneyball best, but it has some great moments if you can get past some of the sloppy acting and often meaningless dialogue.
+

Breaking Bad (Season 5) - Seen only the first episode so far but damn, if it keeps up this form it might be able to come close to equalling S4's breathtaking finale.

Louie (Season 3) - Simply phenomenal. This third season has seen a very visible step up in C.K.'s technical prowess, especially as a director, whilst maintaining all the genius in his writing and performing. There have been some quite amazing guest spots this season too, Parker Posey's being the highlight, but also Melissa Leo and a slight but almost surreal appearance from Robin Williams in the most recent episode, itself one of the most surreal and brilliant episodes of the series.
++

Comedy Bang Bang (Season 1) - Faux-talk show on IFC based on the podcast of the same name hosted by comedian Scott Aukerman. Draws huge names aplenty (Jon Hamm; Paul Rudd; Elizabeth Banks) to take part in the absurd antics but the 8 episodes so far have been about as hit-and-miss as they come.
-

4/5 is a fair rate for the second season.
Yeah, agreed. I really rate that season. I prefer it to the first, it's when I officially became a fan of the show. Gonna do a Buffy marathon at some point in the near future.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Started getting back into NCIS. Its a really fun show when it sticks to the forensic cop thing, with the added fun of banter between the principals, but imo it loses me when they try and go international.

How often does Jane Fonda appear in that series The Newsroom, I'm a fan of the actress and thinking of checking that series out.
She's been in a large chunk of one of the five episodes I've seen so far. She was great, but not in it enough to justify watching the series just for her, judging by the first five anyway. Her role does seem to foreshadow her having a pretty big part to play later in the season, though.

^ Cheers.

Has anyone seen Person of Interest? it's starting here next week after CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and thought the trailer looked rather good. Worth the watch?

Breaking bad season 3

Ep. 1-

Ep. 2-

Ep. 3-

Ep. 4-

Ep. 5-

Ep. 6-

Ep. 7-

Ep. 8-

Ep. 9-

Ep. 10 (Fly)-

Ep. 11-

Ep. 12-

Ep. 13-

total-

I didn't really see where else to put this.

'Voice of darts' Sid Waddell dies
Popular darts commentator Sid Waddell has died after a battle with bowel cancer at the age of 72.

A statement from his manager Dick Allix read: "With great sadness, we announce that following a long illness, broadcaster and author Sid Waddell died peacefully with all his family around him late last night, Saturday August 11th, 2012."

Waddell announced that he was fighting bowel cancer in September last year, and took an indefinite break from his commentary duties.

The 72-year-old Newcastle-born broadcaster had built a cult following for his exuberant commentaries on darts, working on the Sky Sports' coverage of PDC events since 1994.

Some of Waddell's unusual turns of phrases and references have become famous.

He once said of multiple world-champion Eric Bristow that, "When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer... Bristow's only 27."

And of Phil Taylor, recognised by many as darts' greatest player, Waddell once said, "William Tell could take an apple off your head, Taylor could take out a processed pea."
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/s...110535278.html

Go On (Pilot)

Matthew Perry's new sitcom has some funny moments but also gets into terribly cliché and predictable territory, and the group of characters makes me wonder why NBC haven't given more love to Community instead of transplanting essentially the same seven personalities into a new and, in comparison, mediocre, show (at least judging from the pilot).

Last night I watch about 10 to 15 minutes of Big Brother (Australia) I was going to slit my wrists... Why do older people watch it? I understand younger people watching it, though 25 yrs plus! F****** why?

25 isn't old... I was reading an article a few days back saying the new 21 is 30 this generation. People don't see themselves as a 'proper' adult until they turn 30 years old.

Saying that, without all that stuff, 25 still isn't old...

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
The Newsroom (Season 1) - Split down the middle on this so far. Love Jeff Daniels, but there are lots of issues. Not Sorkin at his Social Network or Moneyball best, but it has some great moments if you can get past some of the sloppy acting and often meaningless dialogue.
+
I personally think that score is quite harsh as I'm loving it.

I'm really enjoying it, too. If only it didn't have those preachy Sorkin speeches every now and then. However, atm, I'm able to put that to one side and enjoy the rest. Mainly due to the subject matter.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Started watching Dexter again. I stopped at the middle of Season 3 a couple months back, and picked up again now.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Breaking bad season 3

Ep. 1-

Ep. 2-

Ep. 3-

Ep. 4-

Ep. 5-

Ep. 6-

Ep. 7-

Ep. 8-

Ep. 9-

Ep. 10 (Fly)-

Ep. 11-

Ep. 12-

Ep. 13-

total-
You gave the worst episode that season the highest rating? Whoa????

I also say Go ON I dug it as much as I could. I did see a Community vibe from some of the characters, I'll still give it a chance.

The Vampire Diaries a guilty pleasure.

Suspect's Reviews

I'm Spazticus - Features a cast of disabled talent pranking members of the public in a cheeky and irreverent way, mixing hidden camera and mockumentary style shooting to create a series of hilarious situations.

Watched this last night... not hilarious just awful, will not be watching any more of the series.