Tommy Lee Jones

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Just found out that this site doesn't have a thread on Mr. Jones.

I love the guy. He's one of my favourite actors, and one of the only actors who I'll see in the billing and go " I'll like this". He is a great character actor and usually, he's at his best playing no-nonsense men of authority.

My favourites of his include Under Siege, where he is terrific as Bill Strannix, a nutty CIA agent who hijacks a battleship, JFK, The Fugitve, it's spinoff U.S Marshals, fun sci-fi comedy Men In Black, Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers, campy fun Batman Forever, In The Valley Of Elah and he was definitely the best thing about Captain America: The First Avenger.

Any other fans?

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
The best thing about Captain America? You sure about that bucko?

I always love his performance in The Fugitive. He's made a nice comeback in the last few years, he's getting frail though.

Just found out that this site doesn't have a thread on Mr. Jones.

I love the guy. He's one of my favourite actors, and one of the only actors who I'll see in the billing and go " I'll like this". He is a great character actor and usually, he's at his best playing no-nonsense men of authority.

My favourites of his include Under Siege, where he is terrific as Bill Strannix, a nutty CIA agent who hijacks a battleship, JFK, The Fugitve, it's spinoff U.S Marshals, fun sci-fi comedy Men In Black, Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers, campy fun Batman Forever, In The Valley Of Elah and he was definitely the best thing about Captain America: The First Avenger.

Any other fans?
I'm a fan. Quality actor. The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada is awesome

The dude is a badass. He is somewhat underrated too. Such a great actor.

The Fugitive:
Men in Black:
JFK:
Batman Forever: and a half
Small Soldiers:
Space Cowboys:
Men in Black two: and a half
No Country for old men:
Captain America the first avenger:
Men in Black three:***

TLJ was the 90's. There was a time when he seemed to be in every third film that was released. A few of my favourites have already been mentioned, as I'd expect, but the first things that come to mind when I think TLJ are from way back in the 70's and neither are what you'd expect... Unless you know me, of course.

Season 1, Episoide 1 of one of my all-time favourite tv programmes.

And

The Eyes Of Laura Mars. One of the few Faye Dunaway films I like.

I've reviewed Blown Away...

Jones is awesome. Lowest point of his career was Batman Forever but everything else he's done has been gold.
My fave roles of his is in The Fugitive and U.S Marshalls and in MIB.
Loved him in No Country For Old Men too.

His most overlooked performance though, I'd say, is in In The Electric Mist when he played Dave Robicheaux.
Not the best movie ever but Jones' portrayal of Dave Robicheaux is far better than Alec Baldwin ever did in Heaven's Prisoners.

Will you guys and gals watch the new movie with meryl streep?

^^ Hope Springs ^^

Romantic comedy.
Looks funny actually. Will be good to see Steve Carell playing off against Jones' deadpan humour and watching Streep and Elizabeth Shue doing their best to keep up.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I enjoy him the most in The Fugitive, with the first MIB a close second. He's always so serious, even in some fluffy stuff like MIB. LIGHTEN UP!!!

Suspect's Reviews

I think he's quite good with the acting and look forward to future endeavors. He may be able to make a career out of this "acting gig".

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Tommy Lee Jones flicks not mentioned but are worth a view for sure are imo

Rolling Thunder (1977)

Coal Miners Daughter (1980)

The Executioners Song (1982)

The Package (1989)

Rules of Engagement (2000)

In the Valley of Elah (2007)

A solid dependable character actor who still has the ability to morph into a leading man if the role calls for it. Loved his performances in THE FUGITIVE, US MARSHALLS, NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, BLUE SKY, DOUBLE JEOPARDY, SPACE COWBOYS, and THE CLIENT, not to mention the MEN IN BLACK franchise where he managed to create viable chemistry with Will Smith without ever allowing the scene-stealer to blow him off the screen. I also think Jones was robbed of a supporting actor Oscar for JFK, probably my favorite performance of his.

Like pretty much all of the above, except for the ones I haven't seen. A few that I've seen that weren't mentioned that I like are:

Nate and Hayes (1983), it's also called Savage Islands but I saw it at the cinema with the former title. It's a total lark of an adventure, with scenes like Jones knocking an evil native woman off a high bridge and saying, "Goodbye, darling" as she plummets to her death. It's definitely got a sense of humor and is just good fun no matter what the critics say.

Gotham (1988) I believe this was on HBO but I think it's available on DVD now. Tommy plays a detective hired to get his client's ex-wife to leave him alone. Turns out she may be a ghost and may be haunting the ex, and Tommy may be in trouble for interfering. But there is a fun twist at the end, with a bit of humor that makes the whole journey worth it. And when the ex is played by Virginia Madsen, who cares if she's a ghost or not, investigate, Tommy!

The Hunted (2003) Tommy is a tracker for the FBI brought in to find a murderer (Benicio Del Toro) who turns out to be a man he once trained in hand-to-hand combat. Most of it is set in a State Park in Oregon where the killer is hiding out. I really dig movies that take place in forests or deep woods, particularly if they're action or cat-and-mouse. This is a really good one and is currently playing on Amazon Prime.

The Missing (2003) Tommy is the estranged father of Cate Blanchett here, and he's lived with the Native Americans for a long time after abandoning his family. She doesn't like him but when her teen daughter is kidnapped by an Apache raiding party, she asks Tommy to track the daughter down and bring her back. Of course she goes along, and their strained relationship is part of the show, but the fact that the man who did the kidnapping is apparently some sort of sorcerer and uses mystical powers is part of the story. You'll have to see whether he is or not, and the pace is not rocket-fast, but it's well worth watching, especially to see Jones and Blanchett work together.

The truth is in here
Although his character drove me nuts, he's terrific in The Coal Miner's Daughter. I also really liked him in the recent Ad Astra.