Burning Train, B/W, drives towards Camera

Tools    

Shalom,
I have a tricky question. It's about a movie, I saw a month ago in a IsraeliPayTV-Station. Sadly I wrote down the wrong station-name and because of my lack of hebrew it's pretty impossible to find it that way.

The scene I saw was very intensiv and burned itself into my eyes. I definitly know, that a burning (old, coal-powered) engine of a train drives towards the camera. The camera is in a low angle and the train is driving towards it. There is steam comming out of the train and it looks really dramatic. It was in B/W I think.

Maybe my mind tricks me, but I believe to have perceived, that the rest of the movies was coloured. I can't really say something about the age of the movie, my mind was blurred, 7.31 a.m. at work, at a geriatric Center, full of half-dead whining old people.

I made a abstract sketch, to give you an Idea
hhhtehtehp img140.imageshack.us/img140/9707/zugsuche.jpg

If u know something, let me now.
Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Semper Fooey
What was the story?

Off hand I would guess The Train starrng Burt Lancaster but it coud be any period movie with a train.

Hrm, I looked up "The Train" and it's not the movie I mean. Mine is definitely not so old. I also found by google "Dodge City", it's also pretty train-focused, but it's also not the movie.
I don't know the story. I think the movie is from the 70/80er, something around that....

If the rest of the movie is colored, could you describe what happens in the rest of the movie? Plot? Characters? Clothes? Location?

Hugo is a recent movie based in a train station. There's a dramatic scene with a kid on the tracks. It's in color.

Semper Fooey
There is also Von Ryan's Express, but that is from the 1960s also.

From later, but I don't know if it is a steam train, there is The Runaway Train, and Emperor of the North Pole.

It's a pity you can't remember any of the movie's plot. That will make it very hard to track down. There are many movies with train scenes in them. Here are just some of the movies that come to my mind with old steam trains in them:

The Lady Vanishes (1938)
Night Train To Munich (1940)
Forty Ninth Parallel (1941)
Sullivan's Travels (1941)
Brief Encounter (1945)
Strangers On A Train (1951)
The Narrow Margin (1952)
The Ladykillers (1955)
Bridge On The River Kwai (1957)
North West Frontier (1959)
The Great Escape (1963)
Murder On The Orient Express (1974)