The New AND Improved MoFo Top 100 Films of All-Time

→ in
Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I ve seen only 61 films on the list, although the 39 I havent seen from start to finish I have caught bits and bobs on TV and what not.

I will try to get a couple of the 39 next time I go DVD shopping.

Some thoughts....
The top 10 was mind blowing....The Departed? Not even Marty's best movie. Grossly overrated. The Big Lewbowski? Funny, but top 10?
Where is "No Country For Old Men"? A million times better then The Departed and had my favorite villain of all time.
I'm new here so I'll be sure to do a list if you roll this out again.
It was also interesting that not too many comedies made the top 100.

Some thoughts....
The top 10 was mind blowing....The Departed? Not even Marty's best movie. Grossly overrated. The Big Lewbowski? Funny, but top 10?
Where is "No Country For Old Men"? A million times better then The Departed and had my favorite villain of all time.
Yeah, The Departed is a good yarn, but to finish above the likes of Goodfellas, Unforgiven, Matrix, Blade Runner, Godfather 2 and Shawshank Redemption is just meh!

Some thoughts....

See, I found No Country to be vastly overrated. I hated it actually. I honestly couldn't care less what happened to a single one of those characters and I still don't know how I managed to even get through the entire thing. Whereas I think The Departed earned its praise. I went into it expecting to hate it (a mob movie starring a Baldwin, Marky Mark and Matt Damon? No thanks!) but came out absolutely loving it.

And Lebowski? Best comedy ever made, IMO.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The Departed is a great movie, and I love it, but I was also pretty shocked it made the top ten. If it made the top ten here, I have a feeling it will make the top 5 for the next top 100.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Well I think the thing is that it was in a lot of people's 25, not necessarily that it was that high up on a lot of people's lists

Maybe because it was new around the time of voting and people rated it higher than it should be. Probably drop down the rankings into the 30-40s next time around.

return to paradise and goodfellas

GASP. There's not ONE post in here from me (except this) and I DIDN'T EVEN SEND IN A LIST FOR THIS.

We definitely need to redo this list ASAP.