Prometheus

→ in
Tools    

Avengers and Batman III? - Netfix, if I even bother. Eff you to Hollywood and the no talent sh-ts that ruin art. I hate you.

t h u g l i f e

That article was absolutely awesome. Whilst I didn't go anywhere near as deep and clever as that, I did come away from Promethesus thinking about the stuff the female characters go through to and the themes explored (life giving/death/horror/abandonment/indepedence etc.). Having not seen Alien in absolutely ages, I was reminded of feeling a similiar way. I think it is aiming at something kind of personal/psychological even in the over arching story.

Gotta say though, despite really enjoying the themes and clever philosophical bits of Prometheus, I thought it was desperately lacking. The plot was so poor, it was just a vehicle for offloading bits of information. No really captivating storyline for me. Amazing visuals though.

(Apologies if this is the incorrect way to reply, I'm a bit new, and just clicked reply to the post I was reffering to - with the cool article link)

Spoiler Alert:
I thought so far a good part of the movie but she showed to much emotion in the confession of who her father is, and she wouldn't call him father. It sure felt like she was though
WARNING: "Prometheus" spoilers below
well sir, in alien ressurection the android show us much more emotion than theron in this movie. so its quite possible she's an android. did u see her expression when *beep* holloway?

well sir, in alien ressurection the android show us much more emotion than theron in this movie. so its quite possible she's an android. did u see her expression when *beep* holloway?
You guys are silly. I don't see how you guys could think she was an android. She showed emotion when she killed holloway, she hesitated and looked scared. She Also showed anger, an emotion, when talking to her father, and she showed fright throughout. IMO, I always think that captains are kind of cold appearing because they have their team to think of. If they show weakness, mutiny. The android in the movie I don't think showed any emotion, he had the same facial expression."]She showed emotion when she killed holloway, she hesitated and looked scared. She Also showed anger, an emotion, when talking to her father, and she showed fright throughout. IMO, I always think that captains are kind of cold appearing because they have their team to think of. If they show weakness, mutiny. The android in the movie I don't think showed any emotion, he had the same facial expression.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I thought that was stupid too because she so obviously is like 5'4 or maybe shorter and that guy was way bigger so no way could the ring fit.

Unless she has serious man hands, or he has girly wimpy hands which everyone knows what people say about small hands.......
I'm 6'5" tall and my fingers are thinner than my GFs, and she is a trim and fit person; she just has kind of short wide fingers. Have not ever seen a tall, skinny person? In fact, I would think shorter, stouter people would almost always have a larger ring size...

Just asked the people here at work. The shorter women here all have a larger ring size than I do.

Who knew??

Meanwhile: Here are a couple more articles RE: Prometheus

What was that about?

Everything Explained!

Make sure to don your tinfoil hat for the second one.

Oh no I was kidding about the second part, I have hands almost as big as my boyfriend, and my mom has huge hands too. just long fingers, not very thin.

i watched this movie it does not revile any thing to me !!!!!!!!!

i feell bore in the movie !!!!!

i personaly dont like the movie!!!!!!!

i watched this movie it does not revile any thing to me !!!!!!!!!

i feell bore in the movie !!!!!

i personaly dont like the movie!!!!!!!

No need to shout.

I'm 6'5" tall and my fingers are thinner than my GFs, and she is a trim and fit person; she just has kind of short wide fingers. Have not ever seen a tall, skinny person? In fact, I would think shorter, stouter people would almost always have a larger ring size...

Just asked the people here at work. The shorter women here all have a larger ring size than I do.

Who knew??

Meanwhile: Here are a couple more articles RE: Prometheus

What was that about?

Everything Explained!

Make sure to don your tinfoil hat for the second one.

I can jump on board a lot heavy analytical readings of film, however I think in this case the audience is left to do the work writers didn't. Ambiguity is great when in sparks personal interpretations ala Mulholland Dr but I can't help but feel a lot of these readings are stretching to things that were never considered. Which is cool but I don't think credit is due to the film, more some great analytical minds than can glean meaning from contrivances.

I can jump on board a lot heavy analytical readings of film, however I think in this case the audience is left to do the work writers didn't. Ambiguity is great when in sparks personal interpretations ala Mulholland Dr but I can't help but feel a lot of these readings are stretching to things that were never considered. Which is cool but I don't think credit is due to the film, more some great analytical minds than can glean meaning from contrivances.
This is why the artist's word can only be taken halfway. Though I cannot understand when people try to search for things that clearly are not there as if they're plain as day.

I'll agree with that. Prometheus, as a whole, is a vastly imperfect film with plenty of glaring plot holes that the writers failed to explain. Yet I still feel as though there's a lot to the film that still can be uncovered. Scott's uncut version will likely (I sincerely hope so, anyway) answer some of the problems that were in the theatrical.

You ready? You look ready.
If they make another one I have a feeling I'll like this film a lot more.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Another one will undoubtedly cover a lot of the holes they hadn't realised existed and retcon and confuse the internal logic even more. But i'm a cynic

Did you see it yet, Chris?
I did. Sorry for the delay; I'm trying to figure out if I should write a review or just some random thoughts, though my interpretation is the same as my old man's in the article I linked to before, with some added bits and pieces I've either thought of or picked up from other people.

It's tricky, because the things the film makes you want to say all have to do with plot, speculation, and spoilers. Seems like it would be hard to review without giving a lot away. Either way, I'm gonna try to wrap up an essay first and then look at writing something.

Need to make my way through this thread, too!

Avengers and Batman III? - Netfix, if I even bother. Eff you to Hollywood and the no talent sh-ts that ruin art. I hate you.
I don't think that's the answer. Hollywood, independent cinema and art house are all in dialogue, really. They've been influencing one another for years now. There's good and bad in both areas. Hollywood is a machine, so you can't really blame it for only wanting to produce films for money. It's what it does.

Good call, on the "dialogue" and influencing one another. Hollywood's elaborate delivery mechanism may have some lame side effects, but it also spurs even indie films; a lot of them get funded because the people investing in them realize there's a chance they get picked up by Fox Searchlight and become the next Juno, or what have you.

Exactly.

Look at the technology that's being used in Hollywood right now; e.g. the Red Camera. People like Soderbergh who work within the system and outside of it are promoting cheap, new technology that makes it possible for new, upcoming filmmakers to shoot and finish a film. Even editing programs like Final Cut Pro (The Coens used it for No Country for Old Men) are enabling young directors to do more with little. There are a thousand examples of this, one of the best being a film done entirely with $20 (it's on Netflix, I forget the name). Now Hollywood saw this and realized you don't need a lot of money to make a movie. It all comes together pretty well.

No one likes a soulless product. But if the ends justify the means, like another Aronofsky or someone like Nolan coming along, then it's worth it, right? Those two began as mostly independent filmmakers and now they're making big-budget films with a lot of artistic merit. I see your bitterness towards Hollywood and I understand it, but it's not all bad, right?