-Expected for 2013
-already filming
-prequel and sequel
- De Niro will not be playing an older version of himself
- Directed by Martin Guigui

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I hear he's got good RANGE in this one.

Suspect's Reviews

I just don't understand this at all. Hollywood, they are crazy at the best of times!

MGM tries to block Raging Bull 2
Studio fears sequel will tarnish the original
MGM is trying to block the release of 'Raging Bull 2', a prequel to Martin Scorcese's Oscar-winning boxing epic.

The studio owns the rights to the 1980 original, and is claiming that the new film will tarnish the legacy of the first, and that it should have been offered first refusal on its rights, according to Deadline.

It has launched a suit against the producers of the film and against 91-year-old former boxer Jake LaMotta, the story of whom was told in 'Raging Bull' and who wrote the 1986 follow-up book the sequel is being based on. It is demanding that filming in Los Angeles be stopped.

MGM also wants damages from the producers of the film 'awarded in an amount sufficient to punish [the defendants] and to deter those who would commit or knowingly seek to profit from similar actions, now or in the future'.

Where LaMotta was played by Robert DeNiro in the first film, the young LaMotta will be played by newcomer Morjean Aria in 'Raging Bull 2', a prequel to the events in 'Raging Bull', while a present day version of LaMotta will be played by William Forsythe.

Also among the cast are 'Saving Private Ryan' star Tom Sizemore, Penelope Ann Miller and Joe Mantegna.

The film is slated for release next year.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/mgm-tries...ng-bull-2.html

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
MGM Settling 'Raging Bull 2' Lawsuit; Jake Lamotta Movie Changing to 'The Bronx Bull'.

MGM is resolving its legal fight with ex-boxer Jake La Motta over a planned sequel to Raging Bull. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the studio, which owns rights to the 1980 Martin Scorsese-directed classic starring Robert De Niro, has agreed to drop its lawsuit and Lamotta and producers will change the name of the movie from Raging Bull 2 to The Bronx Bull, which was La Motta's nickname. Producers also will issue a press release publically disassociating the project from the MGM movie, according to sources. In exchange, the suit will be dismissed.
-Hollywood Reporter.

He's 90 and still fighting..lol! The 2 greatest Heavyweights...one is dead and the other has parkisons...mate!

I imagine Brod's isn't too thrilled about this. Very random sequel idea, even in this day and age.

I am the Watcher in the Night
He's 90 and still fighting..lol! The 2 greatest Heavyweights...one is dead and the other has parkisons...mate!
LeMotta wasn't a heavyweight. And the movie idea is ****. What do we need to see? All of LaMotta's main life story was covered. His 5 brutal bouts with Robinson, his descent into alcoholism and his subsequent revival on the stage.

LeMotta wasn't a heavyweight. And the movie idea is ****. What do we need to see? All of LaMotta's main life story was covered. His 5 brutal bouts with Robinson, his descent into alcoholism and his subsequent revival on the stage.
You're a Pom, so I understand...this is the Heavyweights I meant..

I am the Watcher in the Night
You're a Pom, so I understand...this is the Heavyweights I meant..

What have they got to do with this thread?
btw are you a boxing fan? Cos Noway was Frazier the second greatest heavyweight of all time