50's 60's

Tools    

I have both horrible and good taste when it comes to films, If that's even possible...It would take too much thinking for me to compile a list of my favorite films...Maybe i will add one at a time.
From what you guys have suggested here is what i am interested so far:
Repulsion, Rear Window and the Last Man on Earth.
I haven't seen Repulsion but if it's Polanski chances are its great.
Rear Window is a classic.
And I've hear great things about Last man on earth.

You haven't seen it?

It certainly is great, and contains one of the most famous, and endlessly copied images in horror cinema. A slow-burning, dark, disturbing masterpiece and right up there with Polanski's best imo.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Sure, Repulsion is really great if your idea of slow burn is 95 minutes of almost inexplicable boredom, nine minutes of freakiness and a cheapjack psychological coda which could be seen coming from miles away. Still, it's required viewing so you can make up your own mind. By the way, I love Polanski.

Semper Fooey
Rear Window is a classic.
And I've hear great things about Last man on earth.
Last Man on Earth? Are we talking about the Vincent Price movie? Hey, it is a fun cheesy horror movie, but I have never heard it being discussed anywhere as any kind of classic. It is not even one of VP's better movies.

I didn't know we were only recommending classics.=?

Either way to me Last Man on Earth is a classic, might not be the best VP or a vampire film.. but it's one of the better movies than its follow-ups.

Controversy is your friend
Sure, Repulsion is really great if your idea of slow burn is 95 minutes of almost inexplicable boredom, nine minutes of freakiness and a cheapjack psychological coda which could be seen coming from miles away. Still, it's required viewing so you can make up your own mind. By the way, I love Polanski.
party pooper

I also thought it was boring on my first viewing. I enjoyed it more when, a couple years later, I watched it again.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Me neither. I suppose one man's fascinating slow build-up is another man's tedious waste of time.
I was only giving a warning. I never said it was a waste of time. I've seen it five times, including showing it to my film-student daughter this year, but I'll be letting it be for awhile now since I still don't "get it".

Alright movie brainiacs... i want to watch one, i repeat only one movie from either the 50's or 60's. I am open to any genres... Throw in the name of the movie and the reason why it is worth watching...if you are too lazy...just the name of the movie is fine
Oh, boy, is this an easy question for me! West Side Story, which came out in late October 1961 and went on to win 10 well-earned Academy Awards, including Best Picture for that year, is the tops for me...hands down.

I love watching this great golden oldie but keeper of a movie, because it's a classic that never grows old!

Gents and of course ladies... I have experience Repulsion!!!!GREAT movie. Yes it;s slow paced, specially compared to nowadays pace, but i enjoyed it a lot. now moving on to the next one on my list.

Ok time to watch another oldie,,,let me see what is next on my list

You can also try "Fahrenheit 451" - it's quite strange but, personally, it was very interesting to watch.

You can also try "Fahrenheit 451" - it's quite strange but, personally, it was very interesting to watch.
I've seen that...great movie. i don't suggest eating an entire chicken...i bought a rotisserie chicken and ate the whole thing... Let's just say that i have visited the bathroom far too often.