50's 60's

Tools    

Controversy is your friend
Alright movie brainiacs... i want to watch one, i repeat only one movie from either the 50's or 60's. I am open to any genres... Throw in the name of the movie and the reason why it is worth watching...if you are too lazy...just the name of the movie is fine

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You have told us nothing about yourself except that you didn't like a couple of recent flicks (and may also be an underachieving bum such as I) and am asking for ONE movie from a 20-year span? This seems ridiculous. But I'll bite. Watch The Pawnbroker with Rod Steiger, directed by Sidney Lumet. It's still way ahead of its (and our) time. Otherwise you can try to grab Faster, Pussycat Kill! Kill! by Russ Meyer.

You have told us nothing about yourself except that you didn't like a couple of recent flicks (and may also be an underachieving bum such as I) and am asking for ONE movie from a 20-year span? This seems ridiculous. But I'll bite. Watch The Pawnbroker with Rod Steiger, directed by Sidney Lumet. It's still way ahead of its (and our) time. Otherwise you can try to grab Faster, Pussycat Kill! Kill! by Russ Meyer.
Ok guacamole, here is a little bit about moi. I started as a DIT worked a lot..became an AD...worked A LOT...now i am a producer I ended up in the entertainment business by "mistake". I was working as consultant and came to L.A to visit a friend who is a DP...Long story short, i fell in love with the industry and now i work for the industry.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Welcome to the site. Go into your profile and list your "Favorite Movies" and then we'll know even more. Then you can add your age or go into the various lists and tell us which movies you've seen. I realize that you have experience but that still doesn't tell me anything about your preferences and feelings.

Semper Fooey
I get action movie vibe from him so that is what I gave him.

I wouldn't look at his profile anyway.

I suppose in a way having too few restrictions/guidelines is the point of this. After a little thought, the two I'd (rather randomly) go for are:

Harvey (1950)

James Stewart and a six foot invisible rabbit in a delightfully strange, whimsical comedy with dark edges.

Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

If... (1968)

Malcolm MacDowell kicks against the pricks in Lindsey Anderson's surreal, funny, anti-establishment masterpiece.

The thing I hate about you, Rowntree, is the way you give Coca-Cola to your scum, and your best teddy bear to Oxfam, and expect us to lick your frigid fingers for the rest of your frigid life.

Bonnie And Clyde

Thank you my friends so much for taking the time to suggest me a movie. I went to a Brazilian Film Festival here in L.A and saw the movie Heleno which is set in Rio in the 40s and 50's. I felt really nostalgic after seeing that movie and decided to dig the early ages of cinema. I have seen "The graduate", "Paths of Glory", "Bonnie And Clyde" and the "The Dirty Dozen". I am curious about "Repulsion".

You know I'm sorry but I gotta give one from each decade

50s- Rear Window
60s- Rosemary's Baby

And as Mark said if you add your favorite movies it'd be easier to know what you like

^Great picks.

I'll be boring and just say my favorite movie: Psycho.

Rio Bravo from the late 50's and maybe Easy Rider from the 60's. Surprised nobody has said Lawrence Of Arabia yet.

And as Mark said if you add your favorite movies it'd be easier to know what you like
I have both horrible and good taste when it comes to films, If that's even possible...It would take too much thinking for me to compile a list of my favorite films...Maybe i will add one at a time.
From what you guys have suggested here is what i am interested so far:
Repulsion, Rear Window and the Last Man on Earth.