The Master

Tools    

Paul Thomas Anderon's new flick is about a man (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) who creates his own religion and his assistant and right hand man (uncast) who questions "The Masters" beliefs and religion as it gains popularity.

Sounds interesting... keep us posted Meat...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Gawd i cannot wait for this. PTA is the man. Such torture waiting.

Looks interesting. Same trailer style like There Will Be Blood. Never the less, looking forward to this, but will need to do really well to top There Will Be Blood.

Yep, my suspicions about this movie look like they're going to be confirmed.

I'm excited to see JP acting again, but I really don't think I'm going to like this particular movie.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?

I'm excited to see JP acting again, but I really don't think I'm going to like this particular movie.
I hope this one wins him an Oscar. Last two times he was nominated he definitely deserved it.

I'm not sure you can judge such a thing from this clip. It's the very definition of teaser, no?

I'm just very, very excited to see more from PTA. It seems to me like he's scaling down significantly from There Will Be Blood, not to Punch-Drunk Love proportions but definitely much more intimate.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Very excited for this. Hoping PTA continues his streak of well-made, intelligent film.

I'm not sure you can judge such a thing from this clip. It's the very definition of teaser, no?

I'm just very, very excited to see more from PTA. It seems to me like he's scaling down significantly from There Will Be Blood, not to Punch-Drunk Love proportions but definitely much more intimate.
The number one reason why I suspect I won't like this movie is because I haven't liked any of the PTA movies I've seen previously. I did not like There Will Be Blood, Punch-Drunk Love or Boogie Nights. But also the overall "feel" that I'm getting from this clip isn't giving me any reason to believe that my experience with this film will be any different from the other PTA films I've seen. Were Joaquin Phoenix not in the movie, it would not be on my to-watch list.

That said, I'm hoping that my suspicions are wrong. I'm hoping to be blown away by the movie and that it will be a triumphant return for Phoenix. I guess I'll find out in October.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
He looks like a young Mel Gibson in those close ups.

Suspect's Reviews

Psyched. I don't always love Anderson's movies, but I've yet to hate one, and I'm always fascinated by the initial viewing. Phoenix looks like a great fit here.