Movies That Deserve Sequels

Tools    

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
Well, not sure if there is a thread like this already, but anyway.

MOVIES THAT DESERVE SEQUELS!!!

I'll go with my usual answer to everything, Serenity deserves a sequel though it's unlikely.

Also I believe Superman Returns deserved a sequel...though we're getting a remake.

And I know a heap of people hate Superman Returns but I think it deserved a sequel.

What do you think humans?

Superman Returns should have been built on, especially after the twist ending, sadly though it was a box office flop compared to the mahoosive budget.
It's kinda hard to see where the budget was spent too, especially when the effects are pretty bog standard and there's not a massive amount of action.

Man Of Steel is out next year anyway with Henry Cavill as the Supe, proper looking forward to that.

As for the OP question:

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes deserves a sequel, I think they're in pre-production at the moment though.

Independence Day would be interesting, there's been rumours going round for years about a sequel too.

I Am Legend would be another interesting one. Be good to see where the story goes.

Predators definitely needs one, but needs to be a fresh new thing rather than just a replay of the first Predator, like Predators was.
Seeing if/how Adrien Brody and Alice Braga survive and expand their involvement on that Game Preserve Planet.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Some of the budget is being attributed to it being in production hell for years. Kevin Smith, Tim Burton, Nic Cage were all attached at one point and the budget points to their efforts in the film.

Have you seen some of the costume designs Burton was going to have, really weird stuff.

Suspect's Reviews

I've seen them TUC. They look like a neon powered disco suit like Mr Freeze in Batman and Robin.

Glad they never made it tbh.

I still say, even though I'm a massive fan of Reeve, this new outing coming next year will be the best one so far.
Some of the production photos and leaked pictures look awesome.

Eastern Promises should (and probably will) get a sequel. The way it ended meant that new dimensions could take place within the story. I know Cronenberg has mentioned that he'd like to continue that world and I must say that I will definitely be up for that.

Surprised that Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (the REAL film that revived Robert Downey's career) hasn't had a sequel already. That's the one of the best buddy action thriller flicks I had seen in awhile.

(the REAL film that revived Robert Downey's career) hasn't had a sequel already. .
I heard he getting about 50 million dollars for the Avengers... I don't what, but for something...good on him!

Deserving a sequel is one thing, wondering why there hasn't been one is another.
I define 'deserve' as being so good and full of unexplored narrative that a sequel would be a good idea:

AVATAR - So what happens now? Happy free world or intergalactic warfare? I'd love to see the Na'avi, with Jake's help, plunder the technology of the humans and adapt/improve/invent on it. Power suits, guns and ships - Invasion Earth? Maybe not, but has potential.
On rethink, maybe its too much like Robotech - giant alien aggressors in power suits invading earth, etc.

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - Never cared about the first three chapters, I always wanted to know what happened next! Did Luke lead a new Jedi order? Is the galaxy truly free? Did Luke give into the Dark Side eventually and initiate 'repeating history' syndrome? Could Han and Leia's child be the progeny that must defeat Luke?

Transformers - The Movie (1986): From the opening visceral fights and carnage I knew this wasn't the TV show. Then it lapsed into lighter material and then back into darker stuff. A classic film. So, what the hell did become of it all? A direct sequel film to this one has long been a thing I have wanted to see. Sure, the ensuing series was technically the sequel, but take the most interesting, dark and compelling elements from it and put them into a script and you would have great material for a second feature film.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Transformers - The Movie (1986): From the opening visceral fights and carnage I knew this wasn't the TV show. Then it lapsed into lighter material and then back into darker stuff. A classic film. .
LOL

I'd like to see the Coen brothers take on the Sequel to True Grit (Rooster Cogburn).

I'd also like a continuation of the Johnny Cash story. Walk the line begins/ends at the seminal Folsom Prison concert which leaves a whole lotta johnny story to tell.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I think Independence Day would be a great choice for a sequel. But yes it has been rumored for about 10 years now.

The Italian Job as well, and I thought that's been rumored for a while.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I think Independence Day would be a great choice for a sequel. But yes it has been rumored for about 10 years now.

The Italian Job as well, and I thought that's been rumored for a while.
the proposed script for the sequel to the italian job, aka the brazilian job, morphed into Fast Five. Sort of like how a draft for a Die Hard sequel became the Steven Segal vehicle Under Siege.

With MMA being among the fastest growing sport segments, An A list or at least B+ treatment of a Bloodsport sequel would be cool. Channing Tatum in teh Frank Dux role maybe.

Mr Ken V.B Liar, if you want Star Wars sequels, all you have to do is buy the books. There's a few that are based after Jedi that are written as direct sequels where Luke reforms the Jedi Order.

Personally, Star Wars died when they made Episode I. If they make a sequel trilogy, it'll kill it completely.

From my youth, Convoy and Top Gun were films I really wanted a sequel to. I can't think of anything now, though. I usually think the films that are made shouldn't be, let alone a sequel to them.

Top Gun is back within the next 18 months anyway HK.

Whether it'll have with the homoerotic imagery that is draped all over the original is to be debated.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Drive.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Deserving a sequel is one thing, wondering why there hasn't been one is another.
I define 'deserve' as being so good and full of unexplored narrative that a sequel would be a good idea:

AVATAR - So what happens now? Happy free world or intergalactic warfare? I'd love to see the Na'avi, with Jake's help, plunder the technology of the humans and adapt/improve/invent on it. Power suits, guns and ships - Invasion Earth? Maybe not, but has potential.
On rethink, maybe its too much like Robotech - giant alien aggressors in power suits invading earth, etc.

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - Never cared about the first three chapters, I always wanted to know what happened next! Did Luke lead a new Jedi order? Is the galaxy truly free? Did Luke give into the Dark Side eventually and initiate 'repeating history' syndrome? Could Han and Leia's child be the progeny that must defeat Luke?

Transformers - The Movie (1986): From the opening visceral fights and carnage I knew this wasn't the TV show. Then it lapsed into lighter material and then back into darker stuff. A classic film. So, what the hell did become of it all? A direct sequel film to this one has long been a thing I have wanted to see. Sure, the ensuing series was technically the sequel, but take the most interesting, dark and compelling elements from it and put them into a script and you would have great material for a second feature film.

Mr Ken V.B Liar, if you want Star Wars sequels, all you have to do is buy the books. There's a few that are based after Jedi that are written as direct sequels where Luke reforms the Jedi Order.

Personally, Star Wars died when they made Episode I. If they make a sequel trilogy, it'll kill it completely.
Not a big reader, but I have read 'The Glove of Darth Vader' and 'Lost Temple of the Jedi'. Eh, not impressive and if a new trilogy was made, the books definitely wouldn't be canon.