Reading Tab

Tools    

I finished The Cold Six Thousand and tonight I begin Film by Sean Condon.

Wrapped up Film by Condon this afternoon. It was both better than I expected. I have a good mind to buy the film rights. Wait. I have no money. Damn.

Hee hee. Get it? Film rights? Like the title? Film? That was clever and awesome!

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm still plowing through LOTR, but at least I'm finally in The Two Towers. I'm making sure to read at least a chapter a day, no matter how busy I get.

After that I have to finish Les Miserables, which I started a year ago and put down due to time constraints.

After that, something lighter and shorter!

Linda
(bored bored bored and up early)

I See You When You're Sleeping
'The Yellow Wallpaper' by Charlotte Perkins Gilman

currently reading.....

'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho

i'm currently stuck on Anne Rice and her Vampire Chronicles..up to my 7th Anne Rice now - Merrick..but i just found out that a new Lestat story is out, so Blackwood Farm will have to be next

Armand was boring, but the rest have been pretty enjoyable

Modern Sex: Liberation and Its Discontents
Edited by Myron Magnet.

A fine book. It did an exemplary job of articulating its stance and provided ample data to support each claim.

n7, I read Interview with the Vampire and thought it was great fun to read, though dark in spots. Haven't read any of the others, although I know there's another one sitting around the house here somewhere....Which one would you recommend reading second?

Currently reading Robin Cook's Mindbend (which sucks, frankly), still hip-deep in LOTR:TTT, and trying to get through The Sun Also Rises. (I'm sorry, but I'm not finding Hemingway all that exciting right now.)

Will be reading Dreamcatcher as soon as the library gets me next on the list to borrow it (which is why I'm trying to avoid spoilers from the movie).

Get off my island
LA Confidential by James Ellroy
Straight by Dick Francis
Catch 22 by Joseph Heller

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

I See You When You're Sleeping
I haven't read for a while, just started Wuthering Heights

Originally posted by Austruck
n7, I read Interview with the Vampire and thought it was great fun to read, though dark in spots. Haven't read any of the others, although I know there's another one sitting around the house here somewhere....Which one would you recommend reading second?
i reccommend readind them in order, at least the first 4

Interview with the Vampire
The Vampire Lestat
Queen of the Damned (the movie just did NOT do it justice)
Tale of the Body Theif

after that, the rest are individual stories that can be read in any order

if you fell in love with Louis at all (especially with images of Brad Pitt from the movie) - you will love Lestat even more...his stories are much better than sulky Louis

Originally posted by miniontv
I haven't read for a while, just started Wuthering Heights
i started that one a few years ago, but couldn't finish it!!! although i generally enjoy reading the classics, that one was so dark i just couldn't get into it...the movie version with Ralph Finnes is the best one i've come accross...but overall its a pretty dire and dark story...love turns to hate very easily unfortunately

Thanks, n7. The library didn't have any of those (they're popular), so I got out The Vampire Armand for now. I may not read it now, though, but wait till I can find Lestat instead. Dunno. I did enjoy Interview with the Vampire and did like Louis a lot. I started Armand yesterday and he makes some snide comments about Louis being, basically, a wuss. LOL.

BTW, I wish I didn't have that image of Cruise with blond hair for Lestat because I just don't think he was right for that part. Apparently Anne Rice was really against that casting as well.

Just finished Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser, an expose on the fast food industry in the States, and the Road To Perdition TPB.

Just starting Last Man Down: The Fireman's Story by Richard "Pitch" Picciotto.

I'll just list my reading during the last two months:

The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket

The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket

The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket

The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket

The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket

The Vile Village by Lemony Snicket

The Hostile Hospital by Lemony Snicket

The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket

The Unauthorized Autobiography by Lemony Snicket

On The Shoulder's of Giants edited and commentary by Stephen Hawking

The Lemoney Snicket stuff is pretty good. Extremely light, but good. Reminds me of the Goosebumps Series...

Originally posted by Gracie
I'll just list my reading during the last two months:

The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket

The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket

The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket

The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket

The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket

The Vile Village by Lemony Snicket

The Hostile Hospital by Lemony Snicket

The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket

The Unauthorized Autobiography by Lemony Snicket

On The Shoulder's of Giants edited and commentary by Stephen Hawking
One of these things is not like the others.

Might I also recommend See Spot Run and The Iliad?

Actually, the Lemony Snicket stuff is for when I can't sleep, which is getting mroe and more frequent. I remember reading an article revealing Mr. Snicket's real identity, but I forget where...

Originally posted by Naisy

Robin Hood

Author? I love Robin Hood...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)