Pets

Tools    

It may look like he's sniffing around for food, or maybe somewhere to take a leak, but trust me, the only thing going through that dog's mind is how he can further annoy people.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I rescued another rat on Friday. Someone brought him into my work after they'd found him inside an abondoned (and sealed) cardboard box.

He's staying with an otherwise rat-less coworker for a few weeks to make sure he isn't carrying any diseases that could spread to my others. She's calling him "Dawg" (Dog is the only word her 11 month old daughter knows how to say). He doesn't seem to be socialized at all and is going to require a lot of work, but I'm sure he'll come around with time.

Semper Fooey
Rats...ugh!

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/o...erstuff162.jpg

Tibo's crimes include grand theft of baby clothes, scissors, old sweaty T-shirts and he's not done yet.

He doesn't seem to be socialized at all and is going to require a lot of work, but I'm sure he'll come around with time.
It's a rat. What's he supposed to do? Throw tea parties?

It's a rat. What's he supposed to do? Throw tea parties?
Well socialized rats are outgoing and affectionate. When you come up to the cage they come running and are eager for attention. Some will even lick people the same way dogs do.

This one huddles in the corner and gets really tense when someone tries to touch him.

I had no idea. I just associated them as rodents to beware of. It amazes me how certain little animals can really be so lively.

I love pets,
I have 2 Rabbits and a Dog in my house. Now I am thinking about a cat also.

Given the availability of adorable cat photos on the Internet, I'm pretty sure you could say "pics and it still didn't happen." But here ya' go.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-27 22.50.02.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	398.0 KB
ID:	9000   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-27 23.50.08.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	9001   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-02 12.04.04.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	424.6 KB
ID:	9002   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-30 13.46.08.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	403.2 KB
ID:	9003  

Thanks. But yeah, he looks like the cat equivalent of a hobo. His fur's all crazy and he's got lots of weird, stray white hairs just flying every which way.

He's also insanely bold. He jumps out of people's arms onto the floor and keeps trying to pick play fights with cats that weight literally 9 times what he does.

A system of cells interlinked
I sure love cats!

Time for a visit from Shmert!