Star Trek: Nemesis

→ in
Tools    

What did you guys think of Star Trek: Nemesis?? I loved the movie and I'm a big Star Trek fan.

can you guess i'm a star trek fan???

i thought nemesis was great...other trekkies i know though didn't think highly of it...i loved the fact that it was so different to any other trek film....and the ending was sooooo sad, after all those years, poor Data (didn't like the mushy crap at the beginning)

I See You When You're Sleeping
I haven't seen it yet and just and just cut off from when you said Data!! n7of9!! Put a spoiler up next time!

BANNED
Aha yea gee i wonder what happens to Data.....well this clearly puts a damper on the movie doesnt it.......I havent seen it yet, but maybe soon.

sorry, but really, do you know what the ending is...NO!!

- data gets his legs chopped off
- data loses his eyesight
- data's hair falls out from the stress of facing the nemesis
- data decides he wants to join the borg collective
- data falls in love with a cyborg/a man/a woman and gets rejected
- data buys a pet alien that dies after he accidentally sits on it
- data finds a solarium that turns his skin human colored...only to find that his skin falls off after two days and they can't fix it
- data falls into molten steel, a-la ahnuld in terminator 2
- data decides that everyone on the enterprise is stupid and he blows then up

i think you get my point...you really don't know what happened do you, so watch the movie, its a good installment

yo no offense but that movie was an insult to all that is Star Trek it was a cheap shot thoughtless rehash of previous storylines.the diaolog was predictable and juvenile.a shameless attempt at a grand exit for the next generation cast.

i take no offence to your opinions at all...opinions are a good thing

The Oxford Dictionary, however, has greatly been offended by your words!!

heh tuchea

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
The film is unbalanced for sure. I don't mind Data dieing, but I think the idea of finding his brother was slightly gimmicking. I thought the TV show established that Lore was his only brother and they did plenty with Dr. Soong. They could have worked it out better with more focus.

One thing I dislike about all the movie is the lack of "scientific Treknobable" that is a mainstay of the TV shows. The movies are not made for those core TV audiences.

The dune buggy thing was silly and a bad attempt at an action sequence for the movie. It doesn't need that outside of space battles.

Captain Picard is my favorite character in all of the series so I love the story of a clone and getting into some nature vs nurture type stuff.

Thomas Hardy is a great actor that nailed many of Stewart's mannerisms, but I didn't think they went far enough into this storyline. The Romulus and Remus planets had potentional. I thought much could have been cut. The wedding? Lame.

It seems a great idea but only half fleshed out and instead favored extended action sequences.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

On the outside looking in.
NEMESIS was Paramount's first attempt at remaking WRATH OF KHAN. Sadly, it wouldn't be the last...

I think this is a very underrated film , just rewatched it and everything is great and there s character development, tom hardy was great as shinzon

Totally agree. There's huge problems with it, for sure. I'm not sure if it's good. But it's got some great moments and some really good ideas, fairly well-explored.

I think this is a very underrated film , just rewatched it and everything is great and there s character development, tom hardy was great as shinzon
According to some of the Star Trek cast members Nemesis killed the franchise for them. As a big time ST fan I think it was one of the worst films ST ever made.

I agree, it is very underrated. That was the first time I'd seen Tom Hardy and I was amazed at how good he was. The trailer was weird when it came out because initially it looked like Star Trek crossed with Dark City ! I don't think I was aware the Romulans were involved at first. What got on my nerves quite a bit with the Next Generation films was that the Picard/Data relationship seemed to always take centre stage, and it was never going to be as good as Kirk/Spock was it?

I agree, it is very underrated. That was the first time I'd seen Tom Hardy and I was amazed at how good he was. The trailer was weird when it came out because initially it looked like Star Trek crossed with Dark City ! I don't think I was aware the Romulans were involved at first. What got on my nerves quite a bit with the Next Generation films was that the Picard/Data relationship seemed to always take centre stage, and it was never going to be as good as Kirk/Spock was it?
I have to say that this relationship btw these two crew members being shown as center stage in the jean luc picard series of films gave it this bond of really liking data as being an aspiring android to better himself and he gives it a great meaning of being able to inspire jean luc into saying what he said to shinzon right before teleporting back to his ship at the end, and a human taking words from an android that was quite shocking
Data moments here in this article:
https://screenrant.com/star-trek-dat...d/quickview/10

Personally I think it was the worst before the reboot run, but I kind of like Star Trek V, which is low on most fans' list, so I will cut you some slack. I think the best were Star Trek II and IV, by the way.

I was always kind of in the middle of the road with it for a long time. There were certain things about it I really liked and other things I didn’t.*

However I rewatched it again a couple months ago and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot more than before.*

I’m not saying it’s a A+ movie, but I definitely don’t think it’s nearly as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. I appreciate them taking some chances with things we’ve never seen in the other ST movies and shows.

I think the part that suffers the most is the characters. Aside from Picard and Data, most of the crew have nothing important to say or do. Which is a real shame since in the show, you would often have them all, putting their heads together to solve the problem.

I would say if you haven’t seen it in awhile give it another go.