The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Aye, I've not played them but apparently the Nintendo Resident Evils are the definitive editions.

One AC Revelations coupon left - I caved in and used one of them myself. Already had a Paypal credit so the game cost me the princely sum of £5. Should I play through Brotherhood first?

I'm getting seriously backed up on the gaming front. ME3 is unplayed as yet.

Movie Forums Insomniac
This is going to kick major ass!!!

In the Beginning...
Should I play through Brotherhood first?
If you follow the story, yes. It won't make much sense to you if you don't, considering the events of Brotherhood (especially as they relate to Desmond). And, from what I've read, Brotherhood is probably the better game anyway.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
I'm getting seriously backed up on the gaming front. ME3 is unplayed as yet.
Did you hear that, due to an outcry by fans over ME3's ending, Bioware is going to revisit the end and possibly "re-work" it?

I don't really know what that means, as I'm still plodding through it and can't bring myself to read a potentially spoiler-filled article. Apparently, Bioware is pretty hurt that fans didn't care for the end and want to make it right in some way, in the form of DLC. A buddy of mine believes they won't necessarily change the end (lest they create new cutscenes/gameplay), but will try to clarify it a bit.

Oh and the AI of your team in Operation Racoon City is terrible. I play as a recon in a team of 4 and cloack(who the hell has that technology in 1998 anyway) myself so I can sneak behind enemies and kill them without alerting the others and my scumbag team goes gung ho guns blazing and shoot up the place, what the hell?!?! Oh and apparently you can get infected and the best part is your team too and if you don't have the antidote you can't heal yourself and the others, so they die turn into a zombie come for you, you kill them and here is the best part hold the X button(or A) and revive them and they are as good as new

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I enjoyed what I played of the first Assassins Creed

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
You'll enjoy the rest of the series if you continue, n3wt, even if it seems to drag on a bit with Brotherhood and Revelations, which has to be my biggest gripe with the series. I'm glad Assassin's Creed 3 is going to include a new assassin and a new setting--the American Revolution.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
You'll enjoy the rest of the series if you continue, n3wt, even if it seems to drag on a bit with Brotherhood and Revelations, which has to be my biggest gripe with the series. I'm glad Assassin's Creed 3 is going to include a new assassin and a new setting--the American Revolution.
Awesome I have the first game in the house for the 360 and I did enjoy playing it, so maybe I will finish it and pick up the others when they are cheaper

Awesome I have the first game in the house for the 360 and I did enjoy playing it, so maybe I will finish it and pick up the others when they are cheaper

AC 2 is pretty cheap now, and Brotherhood is starting to drop its price as well. Revelations came out very recently so I'd recommend holding off on it for a while lol

Movie Forums Insomniac
Brotherhood is starting to drop its price as well. Revelations came out very recently so I'd recommend holding off on it for a while lol
What I do is bring back my games for credit. Which I'm sure everyone here is familiar with. When I purchased AC:Brotherhood and AC:Revelations I got them both for about $ 25.00.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
AC 2 is pretty cheap now, and Brotherhood is starting to drop its price as well. Revelations came out very recently so I'd recommend holding off on it for a while lol
What I do is bring back my games for credit. Which I'm sure everyone here is familiar with. When I purchased AC:Brotherhood and AC:Revelations I got them both for about $ 25.00.
I'll have to have a look through my games and see what Ive got left to swap. I have to get back into AC now I have that itch.

I'll heartily recommend AC2 as well, especially if you enjoyed the first game. It's one of those rare instances where developers seemed to listen to the criticisms of AC 1 and act on pretty much every single one.

n3wt - PM me your address and I'll send you my Xbox copy of AC 2. You can send it back once you've finished but there's no hurry as I've got it for PC.

Sleezy - Dunno how I quite feel about that. I've avoided all Mass Effect talk until I finally crack on with ME3 but I'm torn between a developer listening to fans and one standing by its original vision.

Not been Skyrimming (sounds a bit dodgy ) much recently but have been fiddling around with some of the lighting and DOF mods. Think I've finally got the interior lighting to my liking.

The breakthrough gameplay mod hasn't arrived as yet but I'm liking the look of Warzones - Civil Unrest which really fleshes out the Civil War aspect and Wars In Skyrim which strives to make the core gameplay a bit more challenging.

Crimson Tide is surprisingly effective if gaping wounds and blood p*ssing out of your victims is your thang. It suits my Assassin-y guy.

&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SL

Seems I've been missing out on this whole Skyrim business. Just got the game a few days ago, and it's fantastic! While not my favorite RPG so far - that would be Dragon Age: Origins - it's probably my second-favorite because of the story, gameplay, and the amazingly detailed world these people put together. I'm very impressed with this one. I give it a 9.5 out of 10 for a having a few bugs here and there (on all versions that I've seen), incredibly dumb NPC party members, and for a less than extensive character creator.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
n3wt - PM me your address and I'll send you my Xbox copy of AC 2. You can send it back once you've finished but there's no hurry as I've got it for PC.
Thats awesome mate cheers, I will have to get back playing the first AC again. As you know from seeing me online my boy is mostly on it playing his games and its hard to get a look in sometimes

Genuine offer mate. I've got a load of DVD-sized padded envelopes but have sold everything else I want to get rid of permanently.

Must get the old Xbox out of storage myself and crack on with AC Brotherhood/ME 2 before starting on AC Revelations/ME 3.

It's such a nice day outside though.

You want to post like me?
WARNING: "Mass Effect 3 ending" spoilers below
So I just beat the game and I feel like everybody's kidding me. That was a great ending! The moment Shephard had with Anderson gave me massive chills. I destroyed the Reapers and life goes on. Shephard died but what did everybody expect? I'm not seeing anything wrong with the ending, whatsoever. Now I'm gonna go look at all those videos I haven't been able to watch.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
The next grand theft auto will be fantastic!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The next Sony console.

Sounds like they want to go the same route as Microsoft and curb used games. It says it will be locked to a single account. So goodbye family members playing the game on their own accounts....

Suspect's Reviews

Seems to be the way they're all going now - The Steam approach.

Now, I love Steam as a content delivery service but yesterday, for instance, their servers had a hiccup and I couldn't sign in for half an hour. I can run Steam in offline mode but in order to turn that on ... you guessed it ... you need to be online first, and signed into Steam. Otherwise, you can't play squat.

The GAME/Gamestop group of stores went into receivership over here a couple of days ago and they're closing the majority of their shops. They seem to have been fighting a losing battle for some time now - the in-store prices are expensive compared to buying physical discs online and their trade-in values are noticeably lower than, say, HMV. I'm sure the Online Pass nonsense that many companies use now has had an effect on their used game sales.

What killed them for me was their fallout with EA which meant they didn't stock Mass Effect 3, one of the big AAA titles of 2012.

EDIT - Just remembered I've got a few quid credit on my GAME loyalty card. Must spend that quickly in case the entire company goes mammaries-up!