Television Tab

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Currently revisiting that at the moment. It indeed is a terrific show.

Why would you do that? Do you watch X Factor?

Last episode of Being Human later tonight. I have to doff my cap, as they've really turned this series around, IMO. I'm looking forward to the last episode of this series as I have any of the previous ones. Good work all round.

I like the British The X-Factor as light entertainment on a Saturday during the Winter evenings, don't vote or anything. It's different to The X-Factor - no bad auditions. I think that's what I missed, the silly people who think they can sing and the nasty contestants who argue back with the judges, all a bit of a bore.

Some of the stuff I've watched over the past 3 months or so:

Boardwalk Empire S2:

I should probably rate this lower, but I'm a fan of Buscemi's and he's magnificent here. But tbh, this isn't the powerhouse series I expected it to be. Some of the story lines are shabbily developed, some things happen but they seem to have no consequence (even though it was said there would be huge consequences) and some episodes really draw the momentum out of the entire season. And I have no idea why that Agent Van Alden is still in the series. That guy's story line adds nothing in terms of excitement or major plot development. All in all, this was a dissapointing second season and I wasn't that enthusiastic about the first one to begin with...

Parks & Recreation S1:

Parks & Recreation S2:
+
Parks & Recreation S3:
+

Lovely comedy series with strong, outspoken characters, quirky dialogue, excellent pacing and good character development and easily one of the best characters in comedy today: Ron Swanson.

How I Met Your Mother S7:

This is slightly better than S6, but still not good. I kind of watch it more out of habit nowadays, because I've been watching it from the very start. It's quite sad to see how this show degressed into mediocrity.

Community S2:
+
Modern Family S3:
+
Californication S5:

Shameless S1:

British writer in America
I recommend taking a look at British Channel 4 comedies from the late 90s-early 2000s. There were so many classics; Father Ted, Black Books, Big Train, countless others. Take a look, you won't regret it

Just finished Season 3 of NewsRadio. It's a bit disappointing, being that it doesn't stand up to the quality of the first two seasons, but it's still very funny and quite entertaining. Plus, it's got Phil Hartman, who instantly makes anything 3x better. I'd rate this season a
+, but that nowhere the first two, which I'd rate a full

I'm also currently watching Season 15 of South Park. It's inconsistent and uneven, but the best episodes of the season are some of the best ever. I absolutely loved the episode where Cartman's stuffed toys were being mysteriously "killed", because Cartman brought down the school's weight average. But the weak episodes are really weak. The Last Of The Meheecans episode was completely unfunny and fell flat.

Last episode of Being Human later tonight. I have to doff my cap, as they've really turned this series around, IMO. I'm looking forward to the last episode of this series as I have any of the previous ones. Good work all round.
This series was much better towards the end. Mark Gatiss as the leader of the old ones was really chilling.

Although she can be a bit Nigellaish
She is full on!

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Just finished Season 1 of "Life's Too Short."

Possibly one of the funniest shows I've watched in LONG TIME!!! I had no idea that Warwick Davis was so damn funny! It should come as no surprise that this show is hilarious, as it's another Gervais/Merchant project...the greatest comedy duo of our time? I think so

This was my favorite moment of the season:

Because I've never posted in this thread before:

I'm halfway through Twin Peaks and I'm absolutely addicted to this show. David Lynch is a genius.

Is white trash beautiful
Here is what I have currently watched for television shows in the last couple of months and I really have enjoyed my T.V time lately.

Lost season one to six

All I really have to say about this series is oh my bloody god. I'm not going to get into the whole plot of this show but I do want to say that out of all the shows I have watched in my time Lost is the one show that has consistently messed with my brain every episode.In my opinion its not the best show ever made, the acting is okay but really kept me watching this series is the storyline and my hatred for Kate.

Season One

The walking Dead Season 2

Plainview picked this show and I never really enjoyed season one because I'm not a big fan of zombies but season 2 blew my socks off.I can honestly say that this show has me hooked because of season 2 and I'm stoked to see what happens in October for season three.

Game of Thrones season 2 (second viewing)

All I have to say is this is my favorite new show and I have just started reading the first book and I'm very excited for season two.

ANGEL season 1

I just started season one out of boredom and to be honest I was not expecting to much from this show but I have to say I am really enjoying and don't get me wrong it is defiantly no Buffy but I am having alot of fun watching this show. I have just stared season two but season one is great and I love Cordelia and it is funny because I hated her in Buffy but I'm really starting to love her

Because I've never posted in this thread before:

I'm halfway through Twin Peaks and I'm absolutely addicted to this show. David Lynch is a genius.
My favourite show of all time, even I though I haven't even seen the last few episodes or so.

Just watched Ricky Gervais' new programme called Derek, I hope it does well enough to make more episodes because I believe this was just a pilot episode, really liked it(ignoring a few predictable cliché comedy moments).

“Kindness is magic Derek.”