Columbia to remake 'Total Recall'

Tools    

I am actually very eager for the RoboCop remake..
Aronofsky has been pitching for it for so long.. I hope he gets the opportunity.

Also, just read a while ago that Aronofsky had written a Batman screenplay before Batman Begins came out.. some of the ideas did get carried onto Batman Begins.
He is planning to release his screenplay as a comic now.

If they really have to do the remakes, they have to start getting some really talented directors/screenwriter who can deliver a good storyline & not just a good looking film.

Films like Invasion of the Body Snatchers & Star Trek are perfect examples how a remake can keep the original sacred & deliver a good movie for the newer generation.

I'm with GP on the Robocop remake, so long as someone like Aronofsky is behind, not just the camera, but the project. My worry with Robocop now is that it's been knocking around for so long, and that's not usually a good sign.

Oh I'd totally trust Aronofsky if he is indeed involved with the remake (? imdb says it is 'Followed by', whereas Total Recall falls under the 'Remade as'). I'd rather see him do an original idea, though him taking over The Wolverine is some of the best news I've heard in awhile....so these remakes could be cool i'm just shocked to hear it I guess.

Colin Farrel as Quaid? atleast it's not Adrien Brody...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'll stick to the Arnold Total Recall, thank you. It was so insane and over the top that there is NO WAY the new one can compete (Not even with a four breasted prostitute). Paul Verhoeven's directorial overkill just makes that movie memorable.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Torn on this one. On one hand, I love Total Recall. I think its a fun, interesting, creative sci-fi film, and I think Ah-nuld was perfect for it. On the other hand, it still holds up reasonably well, so I don't know if a remake is entirely necessary. some of the special effects are a little dated, but not so much that they take away from the enjoyment of the film.

Either way, I'm sure I'd see it, if only to see if they kick things up a notch and go with four breasts instead of three for the Martian prostitute.
yeah, bring it on, I think they should make another one. With the availability of much much better technology today, I think it would be made differently and be a nice experience.
@Yoda: like the comment about 4 breasted martian prostitutes, meanin if nothing works for the new movie atleast this is taking things up a notch for sure

Movie Forums Insomniac

Release Date: August 3, 2012
Director: Len Wiseman
Screenwriter: Kurt Wimmer, Mark Bomback
Starring: Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, Bryan Cranston, John Cho, Bill Nighy
Official Website: TotalRecall-movie.com
Teaser Trailer: Here

Movie Forums Insomniac
^ That short teaser trailer in that link doesn't make it look anything special.
That's the only footage available at the moment. It's a "teaser trailer", which was presented to people at ComicCon.

I'll watch it for sure but I suspect it will be pretty generic, especially compared to the weird and goofy yet fun style of the original.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Movie Forums Insomniac
A remake starring Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, and Bill Nighy...
I'm sold

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Another Inceptin horn themed trailer....err, teaser for a trailer.

Suspect's Reviews

Movie Forums Insomniac
There has been a lot of these teasers to trailers lately.
I know right, they're exciting as watching the advertisements before youtube videos.

The full trailer is now available here:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/s...s/totalrecall/

Looks very Blade Runner-esque.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Not excited for this. Some films should be left alone.