What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Finally get to see the Korean film Sector 7:

Bought this on limited edition DVD from Korea. Korea do some lovely packages.
How did you manage that? Looks like something I would be interested in.

kind of a sidetrack question. Anyone recommend buying DVD's on amazon based on personal experiences?
I buy from them all the time (actually I do like 90% of my general shopping on amazon, including some food items). I've been a customer for years. What exactly do you want to know?

They've got decent prices and good customer service (though for this it's best to buy items sold directly by Amazon rather than third party sellers).

Anytime I've had a problem with an item, they've immediately emailed me a return label and over-nighted a replacement. Also (unless you live in Washington state and until they change the law) there's no sales tax within the U.S. and you get free standard shipping on orders of $25 or more.

I bought Fawlty Towers episodes because I love Britcoms.

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency

Happened across it on HBO and LOVED IT, shame it was cancelled

kind of a sidetrack question. Anyone recommend buying DVD's on amazon based on personal experiences?
A safe official website to shop on, nothing wrong with Amazon at all and they are one of the best places for films. They have Amazon in other countries too and I use them all the time. Never had a problem with their service either if I need to send something back.

Only negative for me, the French and German versions have expensive postage on the lowest price delivery. I'm in England, and it's cheaper and faster to ship from the Canadian Amazon compared to France which is down the road compared...

My experience has been that one can buy better at E-Bay, especially half.com, where you don't have to bid and the price is fixed and very cheap. Anazon has abetter selection but they are over-priced.
If you are selling, Amazon is better, if you are buying, Half.com is the best.

This weekend I bought:
The king of new york
Fist of fury
Master with cracked fingers
The kickboxer
Mission Impossible 1&2
Eye's wide shut
The shining

I've not seen King Of New York, Fist Of Fury or The Kickboxer for a long time now, but they're probably still worth watching. Especially King Of New York.

Managed to get the steelbook edition of Immortals at the normal price after going out of print stock at two major online shops, found a few left at the third I shop at, yay:

I've not seen King Of New York, Fist Of Fury or The Kickboxer for a long time now, but they're probably still worth watching. Especially King Of New York.
Yep they are great