Things about your favorite movie that you dislike

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yes, there was an intermission with special 2001 music playing and the lights were barely turned up at all.

that's what she said...
zombieland is obv. my fav so i liked everything but if i had to change one thing, i'd make there be MORE zombies and MORE zombie killing.

(Oh and wish I could be emma stone in the kiss scene with jesse eisenberg) hahahaha

"Things about your favorite movie that you dislike?"

The director is dead.

Is it cheating if I say the part I dislike is that it ends?

I need to think about it. I don't know if there is anything; there's movies I would never consider my favorite that don't really have parts that I dislike.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You don't have to dislike a flaw. I will point out the flaws since I was addressing a post talking about "flawless" movies. I can understand not disliking parts of many movies, but I've never seen a movie without some technical, constructional or logical flaw.

There's no beauty in perfection anyway...a flawless movie would be an artificial bore. Without the flaws there'd probably be no Movie Forums becasue none of us would have anything to discuss. Most of the films I love are deeply flawed, but I often find those imperfections as endearing as they are frustrating.

I really like Titanic but somehow I find the line "You jump, I jump, remember?" totally annoying and makes me wanna punch something
The way Leo keeps saying "ROSE!" also annoys me.

Connie cried too much on The Godfather.

Didn't mind all the deaths in The Departed, just that so many happened all at once.

Just didn't care for Robert DeNiro's half of The Godfather Part 2.

I fast forward through half the scenes in Scarface now, just wanna see the best Al Pacino scenes nowadays.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Dawn of the Dead, when they were moving the trailers to block the entrances to the mall and Roger got all cocky and got bit, that pissed me off.

Dead Poet's Society - love it,but it's very sentimental,especially the ending scene.
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - scenes outside the mental hospital(the fishing scenes) weren't necessary.
Other which I like,I think are flawless.

This is a tough one for L.A. Confidential. At the end of the movie, they made it look like Capt. Smith died as a hero in the final shootout to cover up the criminal conspiracy within the police dept. He was so evil, and he was made to look like an honorable police officer. That bothered me a bit.

I thought Requiem for a Dream was an amazing movie all around. The one issue I have though is when they characters use heroin, their pupils get bigger. That's not what happens in real life. The pupils get very small when under the influence of an opiate.

I loved Full Metal Jacket but thought that the second part of the movie ( after boot camp ) could have been better. The first part had one so enthralled that afterwards was kind of anti-climatic.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Red Heat just isn't that great a movie. I enjoy the hell out of it, but honestly, it isn't that good.

I loved Full Metal Jacket but thought that the second part of the movie ( after boot camp ) could have been better. The first part had one so enthralled that afterwards was kind of anti-climatic.
Totally agree, I think everyone else would say the same. It's like watching two different movies.

For me, Young Guns. Very close to actual fact but, in typical Hollywood fashion, it could have been a hell of a lot better if they'd added a bit more of the real history to it rather than just interpretations of the history.

A system of cells interlinked
Totally agree, I think everyone else would say the same. It's like watching two different movies.
But, that was the whole point. The film has themes of duality and order vs chaos. The first section is filmed entirely on mounted gear, with tripod work, tracking shots etc, all set in the uber-structured and geometrically perfect military base. This stands for man's attempts to harness thew chaos of war.

Then they actually get to the real live conflict, and all hell breaks loose. The cameras go shoulder mounted, the geometry dissolves, and we are treated to a kinetic and visceral experience, just like the soldiers.

Joker's uniform, which features both the Born to Kill slogan and a peace sign, also play into the duality of man and the film itself.

It's an absolutely brilliant study on these issues, which is why FMJ is one of my favorite war films.

I know what you're saying Sedai and I totally understood what Cube Brick was doing when he changed the tone and style of the film, I was just agreeing that the second half is less enjoyable overall.
The movie as a whole though is brilliant.

Honest question: If Kubrick had completely removed the first movie and had released only the second movie to the public, would FMJ still be classed as an all-time-great war movie?
Honest answer: No. It would have been just another bleak war film and would have been forgotten about within hours of release.

EDIT: Reversing the question: If Kubrick had only released the first half, would FMJ have been so successful? Maybe not as successful, but certainly a success.