Overrated Actors

Tools    

Sudoku Blackbelt
I just remembered another one. I don't if he's overrated, but I certainly know he's not good enough to act for a living.

This guy David Caruso. Is he playing his CSI role with the intention of being mysterious and menacing?

Because in all honesty, it makes me laugh out loud. He's like this "Take me sriously, I'm a cross between Clint Eastwood and Batman"

Now, for those of you who like this show, and don't want it ruined for you, don't read this next part:

Two things that, once you notice, you can't un-notice:

1. Every time he stops walking, he puts his hands on his hips. Even when you can't see them, you see the shoulders go up, so you know he's doing it.

2. Count how many times this guy puts on & and takes off his sunglasses.

These two thing are outright comedy.

Properly hate that man. However, does anyone rate him?

I also think that, even if it didn't start out that way, the things you mention about the character are now played up. It's been parodied so much over the last 5 years or so that it'd be difficult for it not to be and yet still be in the show.

Mark walhberg kicks ass, Basketball Diaries, The Departed, and mother****ing FOUR BROTHERS (watch that film again)

Will ferrel is technically a good actor, the rare times when he plays straight normal types he does it near flawlessly, but his comedy roles are abyssmal (Anchorman)

Halle Berry has only really been in one good film
Ben affleck is ok but definatley overrated
The most overrated actor in the world is probably Jake Gyllenhall (good films but SUPER average performances)

The three posts above the bloke above me made me proper crease up I remember randomly watching an episode once with a lady friend a few years back and she kept remarking how strange and uncomfortable 'the red head guy' was making her feel

The three posts above the bloke above me made me proper crease up I remember randomly watching an episode once with a lady friend a few years back and she kept remarking how strange and uncomfortable 'the red head guy' was making her feel
&feature=related

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Don't really like Will Farrell because his comedies are garbage, though he has made some acceptable movies that I've seen, like Stranger than Fiction.

Jim Carrey can be very annoying in some of his movies (well, most of them), but watch him in his dramatic roles. He's pretty good, I think.

I don't agree with all the Nicholas Cage hate. He's not as terrible as people make him out to be. I mean sure, he's made increasingly questionable film choices (with the exception of Knowing, cuz I [flame shield on] personally liked that one). However, watch Leaving Las Vegas, Face/Off, and Adaptation again. I'm pretty sure he got the praise he deserved with those, as he wasn't doing his usual schtick (the hero with a heavy conscious weighing him down) in those films, with the possible exception of Face/Off. And even then he's trying to imitate John Travolta.

Don't really like Will Farrell, though he has made some acceptable movies that I've seen, like Stranger than Fiction.

Jim Carrey can be very annoying in some of his movies (well, most of them), but watch him in his dramatic roles. He's pretty good, I think.
Agree with everything there, except I liked Will in Blades of Glory.

I have to say Mark Walhberg/Wahlburg/Whaleburger as well. Leonardo Di Caprio is another.
Definitely prefer Donnie Walhburg over Mark. Donnie can actually change character from film to film.

It's wierd, Mark and Leo are both the same, they both have an American accent, yet their accent always seems put on. Kind of like Jedward when they're on telly, they do an American accent and try to sound cool.

Di Caprio hasn't improved over the years either, he's just as bad today as he was when he starred in Critters 2.

Whaleburger always seems out of breath and in a state of confusion too. All he seems to do is wrinkle his eyebrows and say "HUH?" in a breathie voice.

Di Caprio hasn't improved over the years either, he's just as bad today as he was when he starred in Critters 2.
Couldn't disagree more. I think Di Caprio is a fantastic actor. Along with GP's suggestions, I'd add This Boy's Life, too. I won't bother with later examples, as I'll assume that either you've seen them already and disagree or you hate him too much to be able to sit through them.

Also, it was Critters 3, not Critters 2.

I think you're getting overrated and popular/famous mixed up. It's impossible to overrate Keanu Reeves.

I forgot about angelina jolie, I also think that channing tatum has limited ability.

when she gets good stuff to work with.
..which is?