Moulin Rouge!

Tools    

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
God, I find this movie annoying. Nominated for several Oscars for whatever reason, it uses every tired romance plot, every tired line, and is mess when it comes to its editing. The romance is cheesy, they don't analyze what love actually is, and the character's motivations are confused and poorly handled. Why do people find it entertaining? I know the musical renditions of modern songs are clever, the leads are good an enjoyable to watch, and that the sets are incredibly well-made, but it's put together so sloppily that I'm not sure that I can say for certain that I'll watch it more than once.

What about everybody else? Moulin Rouge: love it? Hate it? Give your reasons why.

A system of cells interlinked
There are already multiple threads pertaining to Moulin Rouge. In an effort to avoid dupes, please use the search function next time before creating a new thread.

I am locking this thread, and leaving a link to the numerous other threads on this subject.

Moulin Rouge Search