Poltergeist Reboot shooting in 2012

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Poltergeist Remake Shooting in 2012

A few months back we had the announcement that MGM had plans to remake/reboot Poltergeist with Roy Lee helming, but nothing else has been heard of since. Perhaps it had been laid to rest, unfortunately that’s not the case.

Recently B-D caught up with Roy Lee and he spoke of the impending remake; “The one that I’m most excited about updating is the ‘Poltergeist’ reboot. That is probably something that somebody, hopefully next year, will be able to accomplish… I’m in talks [to produce it for MGM].”
I really have no feelings about this one way or the other. I have not seen the original in about 15 years so I really don't remember to much about it, I am going to watch it soon, then I might have some complaints about a remake.

I cannot begin to describe my irritation at the thought of this. Poltergeist is one of my favorite films of all time. This fills me with rage.

Also, Roy Lee's filmography is almost completely made up of producing remakes. What a sick, sick person. It's called originality, Mr. Lee, look it up.

Excuse me while I start building pipe bombs to throw over the walls of MGM studios...

News I just found. Some of it is known.

Poltergeist remake pencilled in for a 2014 release...
... isn't actually a remake.

There are scenes involved that have some of the Freeling family's belongings found in an attic by the film's new family.
So, sounds like a reboot/sequel more than an actual remake.

Poltergeist was basically ripped off with the poorly made Insidious in 2010... hopefully Poltergeist (2014) will be a better film.

Sinister did that whole finding something in the attic thing just recently... if something in the attic starts something off that is in this new film.

Be interesting to see what they do with this new one, with all the recent films out similar: The Conjuring, Insidious, Ghosts of Georgia.

It's a bit of a cliché really. Find something belonging to someone from a long time ago that leads to all sorts of weird things going on.

The Exorcist had something similar when Merrin finds that amulet at the start of the film.

I'm kinda glad though that the new Poltergeist isn't a full on remake though.

It'll probably be like The Evil Dead (2013)... a remake, but also not a remake. A reboot, but also not a reboot more of a remake, though it wasn't a remake. But it was. Though technically it was a continuation. And also a sequel that doubled as a remake but wasn't a remake it was more of a reboot that acted like a remake but was really...

Etc.

Release date in: Feb 13th 2015...

In shooting right now. Sam Raimi is producing, Gil Kenan (Monster House and City Of Ember) is directing... Sam Rockwell is also attached.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
all things aside, you will be hard pressed to replace the iconic roles of the little girl and the lady with the voice

i've seen this classic so many times now, and everytime i'm just on the edge of my seat while watching, wish they would make something like that these days, but no, today its just half arsed action movies for the sake of it...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
They shot this down the street from me. See that house every day.

Let's see...the tree beside the house is fake...everyone had to put American flags outside their house and fake mailboxes.

Suspect's Reviews

Will this version also have a midget? This is key.

At least they aren't filling it with silly CGI and cliche jump scares...

Oh, wait.

This looks like a movie from the early 2000's. Reminds me of movies like Boogeyman.

This is an example of a movie that isn't needed. I don't care if it looks good or not. The original was a cult classic and set in film history. I don't understand why people take old films and do them over again in the first place. Hollywood needs to make original movies and have new classics. Not rehash the old. It just goes to show filmmakers don't have what it takes to be in this business anymore.

A system of cells interlinked
This is an example of a movie that isn't needed. I don't care if it looks good or not. The original was a cult classic and set in film history. I don't understand why people take old films and do them over again in the first place. Hollywood needs to make original movies and have new classics. Not rehash the old. It just goes to show filmmakers don't have what it takes to be in this business anymore.
Stop the presses. I totally agree with JRS.