What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
King - Taste of Your Tears

The Dream Academy - Life in a Northern Town

These were two of my favourite singles when I was 12 or 13. Dunno what that says about me or my childhood.

"He has all the time in the world ... "
Maria Callas.

Welcome to the human race...
&ob=av3e

Apparently these guys are reuniting and doing a world tour. It seemed like as good a time as any to crank both their self-titled album and Second Coming.

Damn, Iro, you beat me to it!

Whether the Roses will do much beyond play the (glorious) old songs to 1000s of misty-eyed thirtysomethings, I don't know. The Verve's reunion was sadly short-lived and New Order's Hookyless half life is saddening so Ian, John, Mani and Reni will need to knuckle down.

I wish them all the best.

&ob=av2e

Theme song from the classic Hong Kong comedy The Private Eyes. Don't know what made me think of it. The movie's okay but I really like the song.

Heh. War was the first LP I ever bought, although I was 10 or 11 so few courts would convict me. Hopefully.

Achtung Baby and Zooropa are excellent albums, though. I'll give Boutros Boutros Hewson, Baldy and The Other Two props for that.

Aaaaanyway. Curve - Fait Accompli

Why weren't Curve huge? They were flippin' brilliant.

And Toni Halliday...

"That's the Way Love Goes" by Lindsey Buckingham

Saw him in concert in San Francisco last night (the video above is from an earlier show on the tour). Awesome show and my eighth time seeing him in concert (5 times solo, 3 times with Fleetwood Mac). It never gets old.

I took my mother, who is not a Buckingham fan. Her favorite guitarist is Eric Clapton but she actually thought the Buckingham show was better than the Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood show we saw in 2009. She's right, of course.

I can honestly say I love every track on Richard Bone's Brave Tales album

I used to have a cut version of this flick on Medusa home video, and the best thing was always the soundtrack...

&feature=channel_video_title