What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I snagged a few beauts from teh Blockbuster sale on the weekend.

French Connection Collector Edition

Double discer for 8 bucks (brand new in package)

I already own the bare bones edition, but seeing that it had a commentary by Friedkin cinched the deal.

Every commentary ive listened to his has been chock full of info and well worth the experience.

Plus it had a couple of neat featurettes, my favourite being the walk through NYC with the actual detective that broke the french connection irl (played by Roy Schieder in the movie).
Movie :

Extras :

Capitalism a Love Story was $3 previously Viewed.

Dispointed in no commentary, however the expanded interviews were nice to see. Chris Hedges' in particular.

One oddity was the still image for the special features menu was of Wallace Shawn

yeah the inconceivable guy from the princess bride, yet his uncut interview isnt a special feature.

It was one of the things i was hoping would be there, as it seemed like a curious choice to use him in the movie in teh first place.
movie

extras

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Yeah i kinda think they made a mistake in taggen it for 8 bucks, but couldnt pass it by at that price.

The other one i snapped up was a copy of Colors (1988)

unfortunately its the bare bones variety, but again for 2 bucks hard to complain.

Season one of the X-Files spin-off Millennium. Why? Because, despite only seeing one episode a few years ago, I had the feeling it would be a pretty damn good show, and I was right.

Redneck Zombies

I saw a poster of it online recently and was intrigued and then found it randomly at Wal-Mart for $5.00.

Damn you, Wal-Mart, yet again.

Redneck Zombies at Walmart for only $5? who'da thunk it?

I was on an obsessive DVD purchasing spree for many years, that's how I accidentially ended up with over 500, now I only buy blu-rays and only when it's something I really like. The last DVD I bought was on monday, i bought the Star Wars set on Blu-ray. I wish I could tell you why, I only like the original 3; I dont watch inaccurate prequels.

The Lion King diamond edition. My sister and I have been waiting for this!

I watched it twice in a row

Redneck Zombies

I saw a poster of it online recently and was intrigued and then found it randomly at Wal-Mart for $5.00.

Damn you, Wal-Mart, yet again.
Hehe...something tells me you might like Trailer Park of Terror if you haven't alreay seen it.

Oops double post.

Just ordered this old midnight favourite from Amazon US. It used to get shown late in the UK a lot (can't remember if it was BBC2 or ITV) which is where I first caught it after missing the opening credits and not knowing the title. Rented it from Love film recently after stumbling accross a review and realizing it was 'that movie'. Geraldine Page is deliciously nasty in this one and Ruth Gordon the perfect foil, excellent black comedy.

What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
That one is supposed to show up from Netflix today! I haven't seen it in years, but will check back.

Great! Let me know what you think mark. Something tells me you'll give it a little more than your usual
. It nods so much cool stuff, the most obvious being What Ever Happended to Baby Jane? and Psycho. Both the leads are on top form and it's suspenseful as well as funny.

I give it a solid

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, you're correct since I gave it
. I enjoyed everything you did but it was a little bit obvious at times and in some ways it looked and felt like a TV movie, but it's still well worth watching.

Oops double posting again...

Someone else buy some movies!!!

Anyway just picked up: -

Stake Land - One of the best horror flicks I've seen recently
The Cassandra Crossing - My second favourite 70's disaster flick after The Poseiden Adventure
A Dirty Shame - Guilty pleasure from John Waters

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Got the first three seasons of The Wire, for two main reasons. One, the hype. I've never heard so much good about a TV Show from my friends, family and other sources in my life. Two, they were pretty cheap ($20 for all three!), so for the next few days, I'm gonna try and get into it.

The People's Republic of Clogher

The tax loophole which allows Amazon and PLAY to post stuff from Jersey at lower prices is about to be closed. Stock up now, BritFos. I'd have paid a lot more than 7 quid for this, but still...