Star Wars Movies Coming to Blu-ray

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Why in the f*** do Ewoks need CG eyes? Will I believe they're more real and try to adopt one? No.
I might. I mean how awesome would it be to have your own Ewok? Sit him out in the yard, and if people trespass he'll jab them with a stick or throw rocks at them and shout "yub nub," and then possibly eat them. The Ewoks WERE cannibals, people forget that part. LOL. They were totally going to eat Han Solo.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Just speaking isn't thinking. By the speed and length of your reply, it's very doubtful that you actually took some time and thought about what you were going to say. I think it's much more likely that you just said the first thing that popped into your head as you were typing.

It's more than clear to me that you are just playing devil's advocate here... though not especially well.
You're totally wrong. I do think. I think with my own ideas and feelings about things, yes, but I think that they are completely reasonable. I have never said that what George Lucas is doing is necessary -- all I have done is see the point in why he could do it. I have been giving him justice and reason. I said it was okay for him to try this all out if he wishes. Everyone else is just, "No! No! No!" like Darth Vader in the revised scene from Return of the Jedi. I am saying, "Yes! Yes! Yes!" but it is not a hardened "Yes!"

Sometimes I don't say a lot because I don't always feel the need to back up certain arguments with facts, facts and more facts. I do go with my gut reaction but I assure you that it comes from a lifetime of thinking and assessing. I consider everything I say in here -- I do not type without thought.

I might. I mean how awesome would it be to have your own Ewok? Sit him out in the yard, and if people trespass he'll jab them with a stick or throw rocks at them and shout "yub nub," and then possibly eat them. The Ewoks WERE cannibals, people forget that part. LOL. They were totally going to eat Han Solo.
Oh my god. They're like trolls from Troll 2.

I don't always feel the need to back up certain arguments with facts, facts and more facts. I do go with my gut reaction
If an argument isn't backed up with facts or reasoning -- if it is, as you say, the mere chemical emission of your bowels at the given moment of utterance -- then it would be much more proper to call it flatulence instead of argument, no?

If an argument isn't backed up with facts or reasoning -- if it is, as you say, the mere chemical emission of your bowels at the given moment of utterance -- then it would be much more proper to call it flatulence instead of argument, no?

It's one thing to back up something because of blind backlash (which this isn't), but to do it over something so blatantly stupid...I dunno.

Maybe they should add ghost CGI to the blair witch project. Or have the two dog-beasts in Ghostbusters bark like real dogs so we KNOW they aren't FAKE. Or change all the swords in Yojimbo to lightsabers to make it "timeless".

No. If you want my flatulence, come and get it.

The role that revision/remix plays in the identity/experience of an artwork is a legitimately interesting question and one which would probably take us to the depths of the very definition of art itself.

But if this is indeed this question you wanted to examine, you could not have picked a worse place to start. I think it is widely agreed upon that George Lucas has transformed into one of the most truly disgusting people in cinema today.

This is not to mention the fact that everything you say is already phrased as a fixed conclusion which you then proceed to defend to no end and for no reason other than the sheer act of defense.

This behavior is not thought.

The role that revision/remix plays in the identity/experience of an artwork is a legitimately interesting question and one which would probably take us to the depths of the very definition of art itself.

But if it is indeed this question you wanted to examine, you could not have picked a worse place to start. I think it is widely agreed upon that George Lucas has transformed into one of the most truly disgusting people in cinema today.

This is not to mention the fact that everything you say is already phrased as a fixed conclusion which you then proceed to defend to no end and for no reason other than the sheer act of defense.

This is not thought.
I'll say what I want. If you don't like it, who cares? At least in my world, people can say whatever they feel like saying without coming into contact with your weird thought police policies.

Is your world the stone age? The fire's been invented, stop putting water on it
Honey, I am the fire.

People, people, let's stick to the topic: whether or not we should modify existing law so that we're legally allowed to physically hurt George Lucas.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I feel kinda bad, I posted the link with the blinking Ewoks and now it seems like this has just became a shooting match resulting in some neg reps. Sorry

I feel kinda bad, I posted the link with the blinking Ewoks and now it seems like this has just became a shooting match resulting in some neg reps. Sorry
Well, I told people not to underestimate the power of blinking Ewoks.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society....These current defacements are just the beginning. Today, engineers with their computers can add color to black-and-white movies, change the soundtrack, speed up the pace, and add or subtract material to the philosophical tastes of the copyright holder. Tomorrow, more advanced technology will be able to replace actors with “fresher faces,” or alter dialogue and change the movement of the actor’s lips to match...In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten."

-George Lucas, 1988

Suspect's Reviews

Movie Forums EXCLUSIVE!!!
I, your very own Sexy Celebrity, have obtained from a secret source (Hint: He liked what I said about him in this thread) a CLIP from The Empire Strikes Back -- with NEW material added in by GEORGE LUCAS!!!!! Yes, there have been even more changes and Movie Forums gets to be the first to see them!

BEHOLD:
WARNING: This might make you extremely angry.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society....These current defacements are just the beginning. Today, engineers with their computers can add color to black-and-white movies, change the soundtrack, speed up the pace, and add or subtract material to the philosophical tastes of the copyright holder. Tomorrow, more advanced technology will be able to replace actors with “fresher faces,” or alter dialogue and change the movement of the actor’s lips to match...In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten."

-George Lucas, 1988

I don't know, Suspect. I learned my lesson the last time a quote made its way onto the web at convenient time. Can't remember what it was exactly for...oh yes, MLK and Bin Laden.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

That wouldn't make them cannibals. To be cannibals, they'd have to've been eating other Ewoks.