Best and Worst DVD Cover Art

Tools    

I really like this one...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Evil Dead Limited Book Of The Dead Edition.

I love this case, it is awesome mine turned up today and I was shocked at how great the book itself is.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
I like the covers for the following movies.

Mars Attacks

The Italian Job ( remake)

Puppet Master

Earth vs the flying saucers

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

As cool as the Lebowski bowling ball and the Evil Dead book are - I would never buy them because they don't look like they would fit well on my dvd rack.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
As cool as the Lebowski bowling ball and the Evil Dead book are - I would never buy them because they don't look like they would fit well on my dvd rack.
The Lebowski case is awesome but I would need a specail place on my DVD racks and the Evil Dead book come's in a plastic outter case with a cardboard slip on the top of the case, and it fits quite nicely in the shelf but it is slightly bigger than any other case up there.

Love that one. Poster is better though

Banned from Hollywood.
I have no idea how to post pictures here so i m just gonna spell them out ...

the covers i love

A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE (beautiful)
REQUIEM FOR A DREAM (dreamy)

the one i dont:

HIGH FIDELITY (A hard days night rip off)

JBriscoe won lol

"Ergh. I winced at the thought of something that poor actually making it onto the DVD cover. None of the other posters on offer were good enough? I find that hard to believe."

The Dark Knight has some of the worst theatrical posters ever. The motorbike cover and the cover of Batman standing in front of a building with the fire shaped like a Batsignal.

That teaser poster for The Dark Knight was the best poster for that film I've seen.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
The pet peeve of mine is when they make a DVD cover that not only bears little or no resemblance to the original, and instead misrepresents the tone or content.

For instance the 1983 Michael Douglas ethical drama

became

If you have seen the movie, you know Douglas plays a Judge with a crisis of conscience, who at no point in the film brandishes a firearm.

"Live forever or die trying"
Grandmas boy has the most awesome cover, lol. Id post the cover but its not letting me.

What is with how prevalent floating heads are in cover art? Is there some kind of subliminal impact on the viewer akin to the golden ratio or something?

Originally Posted by Vert
What is with how prevalent floating heads are in cover art? Is there some kind of subliminal impact on the viewer akin to the golden ratio or something?
HERE is an answer.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

^Thanks. Haha, the Crash floating heads was a compilation of floating heads.

I can not post links already but "Grave of the vampire" is something hilarious. This is the ugliest cover I have ever seen in my life. It looks like a left handed monkey on crack have drawn it...

I always liked the cover of the Blade Runner 4-disc edition, which I own, with the original awesome poster art holographic.

Welcome to the human race...
I know that the above poster is a plant/spammer/whatever, but that post missed the point of the thread so hard it actually gave me a headache to read.

EDIT: Never mind, it's deleted.

All these are in my collection. Some dvd/blu-ray covers I think are fantastic.

Studio Canal do lovely designs for their blu-rays, pretty simple designs but wonderful:

Also the company Masters of Cinema do some stunning designs:

Nosferatu is one of my favourites and one reason I went for this edition

I adore this one too:

This one for the original Funny Games is good, it's a white/silver tape image slipcase, and the red design appears through a slit in the slipcase:

Some steelbooks look gorgeous:

A recent one where I prefered the steelbook design:

A simple design for the blu ray release of Grindhouse:

The American blu ray release of Black Swan, a shiny cover for packaging:

Criterion collection films, as pointed out already, do astonishing designs: