Buying old John Waters' films

Tools    

Does anyone know were to get old John Waters films from. They seem to be deleted. I’ve tried Amazon and eBay and they aren't out to rent on lovefilm.com

I’m particularly keen to get hold of Pink Flamingos and Female Trouble...

please please please someone know!

Can't attest to availability in the U.K. or if they've both ever been on DVD there, but here in the States I believe all of John Waters' movies, definitely Pink Flamingos and Female Trouble, are still in-print on R1 DVD. So unless you have a region-free player and are willing to import them, I don't know what to tell you.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am going to see John Waters at a convention in sept I am sure the vendors room will have TONS of his stuff I can wait to see what kind of goodies I can come up with. Ughh my bank acct is going to suffer that weekend.

I've seen most of his movies. This is my list of his Best to Worst.

1. Polyester
2. Serial Mom
3. Female Trouble
4. Pink Flamingos
5. Pecker
6. Desperate Living
7. A Dirty Shame
8. Cry-Baby
9. Hairspray
10. Cecil B. DeMented

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I actually liked Cecil B. Demented. It's the first of his films I'd ever seen.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I actually liked Cecil B. Demented. It's the first of his films I'd ever seen.
Could be why you liked it. Polyester is the first movie of his that I saw (on Comedy Central in the 90's, they used to air it a lot) and it's my favorite John Waters movie -- I think. The first couple of his movies I mentioned are really good, but I think Polyester is my favorite.

I haven't seen Cecil B. Demented since I rented it back in 2000 or 2001. I was into John Waters big time back then and was getting my hands on his older films like Pink Flamingos, etc. I thought Cecil B. Demented was rather boring and lame for John Waters when I saw it. I should give it another try.

The books that John Waters writes are all very entertaining reads, by the way. He just came out with a new one last year called Role Models, which I read and liked a lot. There's a couple of others, as well - most of them older books from the 80's.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Could be why you liked it. Polyester is the first movie of his that I saw (on Comedy Central in the 90's, they used to air it a lot) and it's my favorite John Waters movie -- I think. The first couple of his movies I mentioned are really good, but I think Polyester is my favorite.

I haven't seen Cecil B. Demented since I rented it back in 2000 or 2001. I was into John Waters big time back then and was getting my hands on his older films like Pink Flamingos, etc. I thought Cecil B. Demented was rather boring and lame for John Waters when I saw it. I should give it another try.

The books that John Waters writes are all very entertaining reads, by the way. He just came out with a new one last year called Role Models, which I read and liked a lot. There's a couple of others, as well - most of them older books from the 80's.
I didn't know he wrote books. He's a very funny person to read interviews of, so I can imagine how good his books are.

I also thought Serial Mom was great, and a friend of mine is always telling me to check out Cry-Baby.

I saw Cry-Baby years ago. I liked it. If I saw it again, I might even like it more than A Dirty Shame, because that movie isn't that great, in my opinion. He really hasn't made many extraordinary films in the past thirty years except for Serial Mom and Pecker. The latter was funny and touching and just had a good vibe to it, I thought. Good music.

I've never really cared much for Hairspray. I like John Waters movies when they're more insane.

somebody eats dog poo in Pink Flamingos.
Yeah thats Divine, so gross!

I thought Pecker was a pretty cool movie . I am a Baltimore native so maybe that has something to do with it. Edward Furlong was great in that and American history X.

I saw s box on KIJIJI in Burlington Ontario, dont know if that helps