The Exorcist

→ in
Tools    

I zapped a bunch of the off-topic posts in this thread. You are all free to think of me as a big, anti-fun meanie as a result of this if you like, but c'mon, I asked nicely.

They are not completely deleted, so if someone wants me to restore them and move them to some other frivolous thread, I'd be glad to do so.

I love that scene. I love that movie (Scary Movie 2)! My biggest problem with it, though, is it's too short - they deleted a lot of good scenes (found on the DVD.)

Originally Marlon Brando was gonna be the priest in that scene. It's disappointing that he wasn't.

Dammit, I really liked my Kirstie Alley cake comment.

I zapped a bunch of the off-topic posts in this thread. You are all free to think of me as a big, anti-fun meanie as a result of this if you like, but c'mon, I asked nicely.

They are not completely deleted, so if someone wants me to restore them and move them to some other frivolous thread, I'd be glad to do so.
You'd do that after all the positive rep I gave you?

I love that scene. I love that movie (Scary Movie 2)! My biggest problem with it, though, is it's too short - they deleted a lot of good scenes (found on the DVD.)

Originally Marlon Brando was gonna be the priest in that scene. It's disappointing that he wasn't.

Dammit, I really liked my Kirstie Alley cake comment.
It's probably the best part of the movie for me, far as I remember...

Good parody, of THE EXORCIST, so it was.

Yes, it's a shame we're being censored but nonetheless THE EXORCIST is one of the best horror movies ever.

I've read that the soundtrack to THE EXORCIST had subliminal sound fx of stuff like pigs being slaughtered put into it. I wonder if that's true...

Regardless, I like THE EXORCIST and think it's a damn creepy movie. However, I like THE EXORCIST 3 somewhat better.

Regardless, I like THE EXORCIST and think it's a damn creepy movie. However, I like THE EXORCIST 3 somewhat better.
I never saw Exorcist 3... never really seen any of the sequels, to be honest. I think I watched 2 but I barely remember it.

All I know is do NOT buy the Blu-ray of The Exorcist at Wal-Mart -- you only get the 2000 "never before seen" version while every other store gives you that and the old version (for the same price!) G-DAMN WAL-MART! I am still pissed about this.

I've not seen The Exorcist 3 for a very long time, but I remember thinking it was very interesting. I wouldn't recommend the second, but I'm sure you'll have seen worse.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I recommend the German film Requiem:

It's not a horror but it's a more realistic take on demonic possession in the direction of is it possession or is the woman suffering from mental illness. It's based on the real life person Anneliese Michel. A sad story.
watched it last night. pretty good, not comparable at all to The Exorcist.

I vaguely remember the 2nd having her (Regan) in a hospital wired to an EKG or something like that. And there were locusts...

I really liked the third one, though. Haven't seen it in a long while though, so maybe my memory has been forgiving. But I thought the story was more interesting than the first one, and the actors too: George C. Scott and Ed Flanders as the cop/priest friends; Brad Dourif, who I like, was especially effective in it, and I think it's one of his best performances and maybe the best...

The film had a very unsettling mood, and a bizarre dream sequence involving angels and a dead boy really stands out in my mind. As well as the possessed woman, the giant scissors, the bottles of blood ( a very disturbing and sad scene), and so on...

Overall it just seems more interesting in its scope and relationships compared to the first one.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
wow. i've never bothered with the sequels but i might watch the third one now.

isn't there a creepy scene in one of the sequels (the third?) involving a nun, a hospital ward, and the ceiling? i seem to remember an old old old thread called "scariest scenes" or something, and that was a much talked about scene.

wow. i've never bothered with the sequels but i might watch the third one now.

isn't there a creepy scene in one of the sequels (the third?) involving a nun, a hospital ward, and the ceiling? i seem to remember an old old old thread called "scariest scenes" or something, and that was a much talked about scene.
Yes, that's another good visual I recall from the third film.

There's the woman I was talking about, who is possessed. She crawls around on the ceiling at one point. She's also in another very cool scene involving the giant autopsy scissors.

one thing that does ring true, The Exorcist is a very scary and disturbing film. However, I would never try to tempt fate with a Ouija board.. Truth holds true with the chinese fortune cookie, "Be careful what you wish for, you just MIGHT get it".