The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
What's the price where you are? I wonder if it's the same exchange-rate adjusted or cheaper...

£5.10 is $8.18

In the Beginning...
The Game of the Year edition (which includes Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles) is $6.80.

The Deluxe edition (which includes both expansions plus all the smaller add-ons like Frostcrag Spire, Mehrune's Razor, etc.) is $8.50.

That's shown as 66% off for each version.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I am playing through Doom 3 again, it's been a few years since I finished it.
I forgot what a pain it is to have to switch from flashlight to gun, Could it have really been that much more difficult to combine them. I know when this was released that was the only bad thing that anyone had to say about it, but that's a pretty big flaw. Still a great great game deffinatly worth re-playing.

The Game of the Year edition (which includes Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles) is $6.80.

The Deluxe edition (which includes both expansions plus all the smaller add-ons like Frostcrag Spire, Mehrune's Razor, etc.) is $8.50.

That's shown as 66% off for each version.
Heh, typical. Everything's cheaper over there.

Don't think we have a link to the deluxe edition but the add-ons are a bit hit and miss. They're cheap though and definitely add something to a particular class once you get up in level.

Horse armour, on the other hand...

In the Beginning...
Yeah, I've got all the add-ons downloaded on 360. Other than Stronghold and Frostcrag Spire, they're pretty useless. I wasn't even going to bother with them, but for $8.50 (versus the $30 5th Anniversary edition I'd have to buy otherwise), heck I'll buy it.

In the Beginning...
I've got it downloaded, but didn't have time to run it this morning before work. So I'll tinker with it tonight and see if I can get it running smoothly. I've saved that forum post you sent me a week or so ago with Oldblivion and the other mods to lower the graphics complexity if I have to, so I'll probably be putting some of those to use too (especially that grass polygon mod).

Also, I've already purchased Morrowind and have it ready to install next. If I can get Oblivion running properly, I'm hoping to get Morrowblivion working as well.

And then comes the Construction Set.

You want to post like me?
Isn't there a game like that? Black Vs. White or something. You had an avatar and you created worlds and stuff. Think it got banned in Japan because of something with pandas or was it in India because of something with cows?

The game was Black & White, from the time (yep, there was one kids ) when Peter Molyneux was good.

Sleezy - Make sure you've got the latest graphics card drivers installed and AA is turned off. Even on machines which can do AA well on Oblivion it adds very little.

Bloom shouldn't hurt framerates (but I think it looks crap) but HDR probably will.

I'd just turn everything off and have all your draw distances and shadows to minimum then work upwards from there. There's a console command to display framerates - the tilde key then 'tdt' (without the quotation marks).

How does it hold up? Think I can run it on my 4 year old laptop? It ran Warhammer Online just fine.
Not played it in years (so couldn't say how it holds up now, I'm afraid) but the PC it last ran on was an old P4 with 512MB RAM and an nVidia 4 series GPU.

In the Beginning...
Speaking of Molyneux, does anybody remember B.C., his neanderthal sim that was supposed to release on the X-Box way back in 2003?

I'll admit I was pretty excited about it back when it was announced, and then it just... went away. I decided to dig around for a reason (and its current status), and it seems that we can blame Fable and Microsoft's own confusion for B.C. getting shelved. Molyneux says "never say never," so maybe we'll see it one day. Methinks hurling atlatl spears via Kinect is something that probably tickles his fancy.