Herzog's Gazing into the Abyss: A Tale of Death, a Tale of Life

Tools    

ZDF Enterprises is handling worldwide TV and theatrical rights to the film outside the U.S. and the U.K. for Werner Herzog’s forthcoming docu “Gazing into the Abyss: A Tale of Death, a Tale of Life,” about death row inmates.
In the film, Herzog — who is enjoying a major hit with his current pic, “Cave of Forgotten Dreams” — embarks on a dialogue with the prisoners, discussing life and death, and examines their stories and their crimes, which he describes as “a gaze into the abyss of the human soul.”
Among the inmates portrayed in the film are two men convicted of triple murder, another who killed his girlfriend and her two mentally retarded sons, and a woman — one of only 10 on Texas’ death row — charged with abducting a newborn baby and killing the child’s mother

[variety]

I am on board for this one, mainly because I, like many others, can listen to Werner Herzog narrate anything. This is a very interesting effort for sure, I have no doubt that Herzog will present us with some great dialogue and intense stories, I mean just read the convictions above

Anything Herzog is worthy of attention. Thanks for the info, Fiscal.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."