What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Aye, we must. To be honest, I've not bought a lot recently and am still in an almighty huff that Deadwood is only getting a release on a region-locked US disc a matter of months after I got rid of my Region A PS3 - bought a Region B one last year because of the amount of region locked discs coming out. Before that, 90%+ of the Blu Rays I had were region free so buying a cheap imported Playstation made sense. Wish I'd kept it now.

I've just checked my Alien anthology and all the discs have a blue stripe. I feel cheated...

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Just got Lost seasons 1,2 and 3 for their shear greatness and the bonus features I have not yet seen.

I've got 9 or 10 US Blu Rays and none of them have a blu(e) stripe. 20th Century Fox ones, from all locales, however...

Sexy - I'm guessing the guy has bought a job lot of ex-rental discs because some of the other stuff he has for sale has 'for rental only' on them. All are without cases.
It's just landed on my mat and seems to be an (unused) ex-rental disc. Just the movie, no extras - Dunno if the retail Region A disc is the same but Danny Boyle's stuff over here is usually dripping with commentaries and documentaries.

It was a good price though.

Two more DVDs getting replaced and and I think The Thick of It is the best BBC comedy since Partridge.

I notice it says 'not final artwork' on the final pic. I can officially confirm that this is indeed the case - 'The Complete Boxed Set' is written in white on my copy instead of red.

There must have been a few sleepless nights in the office before that one got green-lit.

EDIT - Actually, the sweary colossus that is Peter Capaldi has his arms folded on the official release. And he's wearing a slightly different tie.

How wrong was I?

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
In last week or so I've bought

The Paper - Had never actually heard of it but good a good cast and was only £1.99
Wild Bunch - One of many supposed classic westerns I've yet to see. £3
Not Going Out series 3 - A really daft but enjoyable UK sitcom, I love this show. Tim Vine and Lee Mack make for a great team
Harsh Realm complete series - Decided to finally give this a shot as it's another Chris Carter show. X-Files is my favourite ever show and I also enjoyed Millennium and even the Lone Gunmen to a degree. £3

Well I was out and about yesterday so just had to buy some DVDs! It's very rare that I ever leave the house and don't come back with a DVD.

It was in Asda and they were both blind buys for £2. Panic Room and Mr Deeds Goes to Town. Panic Room because I thought it looked quite interesting at the time but never got round to seeing it, and Mr Deeds... because I've really enjoyed what I've seen of Capra so far.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Collectors edition)

Sometimes i swear the kids in the stockroom get the boxes mixed up. Found it in the bargoon bin for $6.

There is a making of feature, that i'm just gonna go ahead and say is the best i have ever seen.

Every main Actor chimes in along with Spielberg , the UFOlogist from northwestern university that coined the title, and pretty much everyone who worked behind the scenes short of the caterer.

At first i was disapointed there wasn't a Commentary track, but really this feature is so complete it doesnt matter.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Collectors edition)

Sometimes i swear the kids in the stockroom get the boxes mixed up. Found it in the bargoon bin for $6.
I doubt it. I got the Blu-ray of this for $13.

A Serbian Film

Because I read it on one of the threads on mofo that it is the most disturbing film ever. It was certainly a difficult movie to find where I live.

i bought the simpsons last season on dvd

then i bought its always sunny in philadelphia all the seasons

the last MOVIE i bought was Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton!!!!

Man on Fire - Great Movie, Good Action, and best ending ever in my opinion
127 Hours - Great acting, great story just overall great movie

True Grit (2010)

White Collar SEASON TWO

Another Year

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Another Year.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	7334  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am extremely excited about the last two which won't get here til the end of June.
Never heard of 'em. Seen the first two though. Both are fantastic. Enjoy CE.

Anarchist within reason
Bought series 1 to 4 of Supernatural because a friend recommended it to me and I was very sceptical at first but now I have to admit I'm addicted and even developed a slightly worrying man crush on Jensen Ackles
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

The first two seasons are very good. I've got the first four season, too, but I've only seen the first 6 episodes of season 3. There's nothing wrong with them, I've just not gone back to it. From what I've heard, though, the series starts to fall apart after (or maybe even during) season 5.

Most recent purchase arrived this morning

Seven films for just over £7! Includes Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Thing From Another World, Incredible Shrinking Man, This Island Earth, Creature from the Black Lagoon, It Came From Outer Space and Tarantula.

Supernatural is a show I plan to get into a big way someday. Picked the first season up on DVD and watched the first half or so a while back but just kind of lost track. Have caught a few of the later comedy episodes on TV which were really good - Supernatural convention one and the one where they are trapped in TV shows.

Holden - I love White Collar. Really good, slick show.

I bought a couple last week, one called Reincarnation, one called The Marsh. I was in the mood for some good supernatural thrillers. Reincarnation was the best of the two, it had you guessing until the end. Theres a place here where you can get all kinds of horror movies, anything from The Bride Of Frankenstein to modern movies for 15 to 30 pesos.