Fright Night

Tools    

Directed by Craig Gillespie
Starring Colin Farrell, Anton Yelchin, and Toni Collette

This will be the 3-D version of the cult favorite of the same name from 1985. I really don't see how this is going to be nearly the success that the original has become over the decades. It just seems like this one didn't have to be done. The original cult followers of the movie will go out in week one to see this and in my opinion be really disappointed.

David Tennant's inclusion put me off, so I'd pretty much written this off already. However, I checked out the trailer a few days ago and it screams PG-13/Twilight/teen vampire movie.

Is that an unfinished, working trailer or something? It excited me hearing the old Fright Night music, but once that song came on, I totally lost the feeling.

I don't know. I think Colin Farrell is hot and I like Fright Night. I'll probably see it. But that trailer doesn't look like a scary vampire movie at all!

Must be a working trailer or something because if it ain't..god help this film. I see where HK is getting at in that this appears to be a watered down version of Fright Night. I mean of course we could totally be wrong but I am so not getting my hopes up high. If you are gonna remake something like Fright Night then show the original some respect and bring on the gore and dark humour and sexual innuendoes and ****. Don't come busting out all this Twilight Harry Potter nonsense. I hope thefilm proves to be better than it looks in those clips, man. Seriously.

I do like the casting of Colin Farrell in the Chris Sarandon role though which is funny because I have never rated him much. But something about the role just seems so..fitting for him. He's got the looks and swagger to convince as vamp next door. I holding out hope until the official trailer and official rating arrives.

Your probably right. Probably was fanmade. Best be fan made. This film best not have any of that teeny bopper vibe ****.

There's no way a studio trailer would burst out with Biffy Clyro randomly. Definitely fan made. I still have high hopes for this one, certainly an interesting cast with potential to pull something fun off

This is a joke right? A very very bad joke?

Looks like one more for the money mill.

Hollywood forgets (or more likely doesn't care) that movies like Fright Night develop a cult following precisely because there hasn't before been anything quite like it. Attempting to capture that magical 'it' again is like nailing jello to the wall.

I suppose people will pay to see it which will encourage folk who make movies to continue doing stuff like this.

In this way we movie fans can be our own worst enemies

The production looks slick but Tennant's character is suspiciously absent in the official trailer. I doubt it will have the charm of the first but i'm hoping it will, at the least, be enjoyable

There is no way it will be even close to the original. Fright Night is one of my favorite horror movies and a large part of its charm for me was the cast. Roddy McDowall especially was awesome in that movie.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!