What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

my cousin's just dropped round telling me he's emigrating to Australia.
if I was 10 years younger (his age) and a wee bit more mobile I'd be joining my cousin on the plane.
My spare room is still waiting for you Tatty

Emm a big for you

The People's Republic of Clogher
Where's me passport?

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Opening day of Trout season and I'm working.......

And also, severely hating on Steve Jobs at the moment......to all those minions who get emails reading, "sent from my iPad at 2:34 AM", you know what I mean...

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
Glad you are better Em Aww Julesee sounds so cute
She is adorable... I am on break atm but as soon as I can, I will upload new pics of Julesee. Its been awhile since you all have seen any pics of my baby girl

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
basking in the glow of "getten" both Sedai and Yoda with an April Fools gag in the shoutbox.

Is white trash beautiful
I am sitting on my moms computer.Hopefully I will be getting my new hard drive soon

watching body of proof, and typing on my other forum..

Tattymobile update!

Showing all the decision making abilities of a nervous rabbit caught betwixt a fox and a farmer, I really need to make a decision in the next few weeks.

To summarise, I want something smaller, more economical (and environmentally chummy, natch, I'm nothing if not green *cough*) and more stylish. The Citroen DS3 seemed to fit the bill perfectly.

Until today.

Behold the new frontrunner!

It's a Vauxhall Astra SXi 2.0TD with 160bhp and 58mpg with something called flex floor which will make it easier to lift things out of the boot - it raises the boot floor to sill height.

Soooooo, it's not smaller, not a whole lot more economical than the Focus and certainly not more greener (sic). Result!

Sometimes I scare myself. A bit.

2.0TD with 160bhp and 58mpg
Talk about having your cake and eating it.

Mind you the DS3 is a pretty tidy little car too.

Be sure to check out 'What Car' reviews. Good site, helpful reviews, unlike say, Top Gear, they review things people give a **** about.

Citreon DS3

Vauxhaul Astra

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I don't recall Tatty, do you get super lease deals on these or are they giving away something that nice-looking?

They have some nice lease deals over here now but I'm afraid to lease a car in my name which my daughter will drive and "be responsible for".

Talk about having your cake and eating it.

Mind you the DS3 is a pretty tidy little car too.

Be sure to check out 'What Car' reviews. Good site, helpful reviews, unlike say, Top Gear, they review things people give a **** about.

Citreon DS3

Vauxhaul Astra
It's funny, but the DS3 is the Top Gear car of the year. What Car is good for the boring sensible nuts and bolts stuff, true. I had my sensible head on when I picked my last car (a Focus in Doom Blue) and have been feeling empty for the last 3 years when I drive it.

It's a good car, but I worked in the motor trade in a former life and was used to all sorts of machinery sitting on my drive. We drove whatever had tax on it, be it a 15 year old Fiesta or a Merc, a Range Rover or a manky farmer's Ford Pickup. 3 years with a box which started every morning but was completely anonymous and with an engine which wouldn't pull a soldier off yer sister (so to speak ) got to me.

With my sensible head on the DS3 (or new Fiesta) is ideal in most areas but I'll only find out about my biggest fear once I drive one in the next few weeks - ease of access. I'm 6' 1" and, lets just say, am not as mobile as I once was so getting in and out can be a bit of a problem.

Something Astra-sized will cut that problem out. It's handsome but not as cutting-edge stylish as the Citroen or even the Fiesta but, with my non-sensible head on, it's got 70bhp more than the DS3 and Fiesta diesels.

Mark - I've leased the last 2 cars and this one will be the same. Basically I'll be paying much the same for the car above (list price £21k if you were to buy it) as the bottom of the range model at 5 or 6 grand less retail price. The only explanation I can think of in these Tough Economic Times is that few people would spend their 21,000 on a mass market small-medium hatchback so there's loads of them unsold, hence the great offer on leasing.

I shall keep MoFo posted!

It's funny, but the DS3 is the Top Gear car of the year. What Car is good for the boring sensible nuts and bolts stuff, true. I had my sensible head on when I picked my last car (a Focus in Doom Blue) and have been feeling empty for the last 3 years when I drive it.

It's a good car, but I worked in the motor trade in a former life and was used to all sorts of machinery sitting on my drive. We drove whatever had tax on it, be it a 15 year old Fiesta or a Merc, a Range Rover or a manky farmer's Ford Pickup. 3 years with a box which started every morning but was completely anonymous and with an engine which wouldn't pull a soldier off yer sister (so to speak ) got to me.

With my sensible head on the DS3 (or new Fiesta) is ideal in most areas but I'll only find out about my biggest fear once I drive one in the next few weeks - ease of access. I'm 6' 1" and, lets just say, am not as mobile as I once was so getting in and out can be a bit of a problem.

Something Astra-sized will cut that problem out. It's handsome but not as cutting-edge stylish as the Citroen or even the Fiesta but, with my non-sensible head on, it's got 70bhp more than the DS3 and Fiesta diesels.

Mark - I've leased the last 2 cars and this one will be the same. Basically I'll be paying much the same for the car above (list price £21k if you were to buy it) as the bottom of the range model at 5 or 6 grand less retail price. The only explanation I can think of in these Tough Economic Times is that few people would spend their 21,000 on a mass market small-medium hatchback so there's loads of them unsold, hence the great offer on leasing.

I shall keep MoFo posted!
Yeah, I've been there. For me it was driving company cars for the last 7 or 8 years, 2 407s, a Mondeo, Passat and an Octavia. I'm all about comfort and space in the cabin so in some ways it was great, especially for the commute, but I always found myself wanting something a bit more gutsy for the weekends. The final straw was me pinching my mates 270 PS Golf and taking that for a spin.

I'd probably take the more spacious, practical and powerful astra. French cars have always lead the way when it comes to design, but tapering tops and jarred seating potions have corresponded. As you say yourself though, the big test is when you take a test drive. That DS3 is a great looking car, but you want to make sure it's as fun to be inside as it is to look at from the outside.

Funky dash

Searching for a lost sandal

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
Searching for a lost sandal

No,no D that's not how the song goes. It goes something like this ''looking for my lost shaker of salt''.....

Good to see you around here,7thson.