Television Tab

Tools    

It's called Episodes, Dex. It's ok and definately gets better as it goes on.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1582350/

I really like SoA but I do fear for season 3 (as I've said here before) because they go to Ireland. I can't remember the last time that happened in an American programme and it was even ok, let alone 'good'. I'll still go back to it when season 3 airs over here, though. I can't see what the problem is with seasons 1 & 2 though. Season 1 is Hamlet in leather and season 2 has some really good drama.
Im watching 3 episodes a day so I must love it.

Is white trash beautiful
Kathy Sagal's big hair on Married with Children

or Hot GILF Kathy Sagal from Sons of Anarchy

much better

I've been watching this:

It's managed to hold my interest through the first two episodes. We'll see what happens.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

They show the UK version of Wallander on Alibi sometimes, Christine, if you can get that. I would recommend trying to get the Swedish ones though (with Krister Henriksson in the lead role) and if/when they show them again on BBC4, please do your best to check it out.

I was recording Being Human. I had them all recorded and was planning to watch them once the series had finished. I've not read anything about it, watched previews or anything and then the Sky box started messing about and we got a new one. So they all went with it! I do plan on watching the inevitable repeat though. This time I'll watch them as they appear.
I'm watching out for the Swedish version coming back Hun. Give me a shout if you notice it please.

Bummer about your loss of Being Human. It's the last one of the third season tonight.
Our Sky box is playing up too. We've got the Thompson one which is rubbish apparently, keeps freezing and has to be turned off for half hour before it starts again. Getting a new one delivered on Monday, hope it lasts a bit longer this time.

@ Harry Lime - great choice, though it looks like they pulled it off the air after the first couple of eps, so it must not be getting the traction it deserves. I enjoyed it immensely, but then I love zombie/post apocalypse genre films. I do think it was quite slow - you dont really get the flash and bang, and edge of your seat craziness like you have (had) in the latest re-imagining of the Brit show Survivors.....and they canceled that one too. Here's hoping they dont can TWD!

@ Plainview - great choice as well, tho it slows down on Season 3, its still one of the better shows out there.

@HollyG - Ron Perlman isnt the spring chicken either, but you have to admit the guy looks good for his age as well (in the weatherbeaten way he's so good at ).

ME?

Im watching The Chicago Code,

and I gotta say, JBeals is good at what she does. That woman could act her way out of shoebox. I also have a personal love for Delroy Lindo. That guy scares me....FOR REAL, dog! No one other man, save Clifton Powell plays so complex a slimeball for me. I think the show is doomed, but it is nice to see a shout out to the Chi, to the gangs, the Latin, Black, Irish and Polish fan base, to the corrupt politics, and well....to the city itself! I cant help but watch, and for Delroy and Beal's sake, I hope the show makes it.

Also checking out Earth 2 from 1994

and I cant believe this show slipped by me! Oh wait. I was 14, that's why. I AM only on the first episode, but it amazes me to see Rockmond Dunbar and other actors who have landed well as of today. I thought for a moment the lead actress Debrah Farentino was Elizabeth Weir from Stargate Atlantis, but realized she's the psychiatrist in Eureka, instead.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
its nice to see Delroy Lindo on TV. I thought they were setting him up for yet another law and order spin-off this time splintering from law and order SVU. His character appearance in season 10 i believe it was seemed to be tailor made for its own show.

Its like when Forrest Whitaker appeared in a Criminal Minds episode...you had to know they were guagen the response.

anyways, as to the Chicago code, I've only caught a few episodes, but it plays out a bit like an 80's movie if Steven Segal didnt do martial arts.

@ Harry Lime - great choice, though it looks like they pulled it off the air after the first couple of eps, so it must not be getting the traction it deserves. I enjoyed it immensely, but then I love zombie/post apocalypse genre films. I do think it was quite slow - you dont really get the flash and bang, and edge of your seat craziness like you have (had) in the latest re-imagining of the Brit show Survivors.....and they canceled that one too. Here's hoping they dont can TWD!
The first season was only 6 episodes and it has been renewed for a second season of 13 episodes due November 2011. So, don't worry, it'll be back.

The first season was only 6 episodes and it has been renewed for a second season of 13 episodes due November 2011. So, don't worry, it'll be back.
Awesome! good know.

Had to Netflix deliver The Prisoner (2009 remake),

because those guys wouldnt allow it to stream instantly, and then somehow mismanaged the delivery to where I had to wait several days to get the 2nd half of the show? But other than that - great miniseries, and now I want to see the original to see the changes. Without having watched the original series, I have to say I can totally see why Lost and various other shows are credited as having taken elements of the original. You think you know what's going on, and then they smack you over the head with something new. All in all it was quite frenetic, and though I was poised to tell Jim Caviezel's character to suck it up, it was like watching a man be driven literally mad.

It was interesting to note that Ian McKellan (who did outstandingly) specifically asked for Caviezel for the part. Who knew? And while I really admire Caviezel's acting, knowing that he did not watch the original series before playing his part (apparently he didnt use the source material because he didnt want to "try to be Patrick Mcgoohan".....try and fail, he no doubt meant. ) makes me want to see the source material so I can grade him on whether or not that helped. The last time I heard that weak excuse for not studying your character/part if was from an actress sitting on the stage in front of me irreverently popping her gum and explaining why she hadnt read the seminal book on which the play at the Steppenwolf Theatre was based.

How can you NOT want to know everything about the character you play? their angst? what drives them? what they thought? who they were? why they do the things they do? the context of their actions? the clime of the time? the narrator's reasons? I mean, how do you become the person you are playing if you dont even know that person's core identity? The only thing I concede is that if the Prisoner 2009 really was a "re-imagining" rather than a "re-make," then Caviezel really was playing a whole new man. Ok. I'll give him that.

How can you NOT want to know everything about the character you play? their angst? what drives them? what they thought? who they were? why they do the things they do? the context of their actions? the clime of the time? the narrator's reasons? I mean, how do you become the person you are playing if you dont even know that person's core identity?
It's called acting.

i like to tv shows and i love to Watch The Office Online
and Watch Lost Online.

It's called acting.
no, that's called improvisation, or in less kind words - making it up as you go along. if we wanted to get technical, you could call it creating your own character or writing your own story (as opposed to acting out a story already written? you tell me).

acting, on the other hand, is pretending to be ....well, y'know, someone other than yourself, or something you're not. there's you. and then there's "other than you." but in the wide universe of "other than you," is there a specific type of "other than you" that you intend to channel or convey? if youre merely the actor, and not the writer/director--PROBABLY. kind of stands to reason that the "other than you" that you become, BY DEFINITION, has a personality or character wholly different than your own.

doesnt it go without saying, then, that the "someone other than you" that you are "acting" to be isnt something you're just pulling out of your rear-end as you go along?

Unless you're just improvising or having fun, that is. Or are the script/story writer, thus the character really IS your own creation, yes?

make no mistake. Im not saying one shouldnt be able to take a character and make it their own (this is the province of actors), but dont you at least have to KNOW the character before you (re)shape it to your own interpretation?

Pulling it out of your backside isnt what I'd define as "interpretation." It's plain old laziness.

Just started watching the Sopranos so I am guessing I will be pretty busy for the next couple of months. I have a long list of film to watch so hopefully I can make some time to fit in some of them.
So far Episode 1 was amazing

Also watched Episode 2.

ok...this week????

greys anatomy
private pratice
glee season 2
entourage season 4
last episode of big love
shameless--new episoide
californication--new episoide
no ordinary family
undercover boss
justified--new
lights out--new
quantium kitchen--new
what not to wear
fairly legal
half of true life
real world
breakout kings
intervention
all about aubrey--new

a few movies, a few animes....

A system of cells interlinked
Not watching much TV lately (been slamming cinema non-stop), but we did start this series Saturday:

Alias (Abrams, 2001-2006)

So far? Fantastic. I admit, I'm a big fan of JJ's work all around, so I may be biased. Not sure why I avoided this up to this point, but I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger. Ass-kix-chix, secret technology, secret societies... score!

Finished The Killing this weekend. Absolutely brilliant. In fact, it's so good that, not only do I recommend it to any and everyone, I'm looking forward to (and would recommend) the US remake that starts next month over there. I can't see how they can cock it up. I don't think it'll be as good simply because, as with Wallander, there's something about it being Scandinavian that works better, but it should still be good. This version has 13 episodes rather than the 20 of the original, but I think that could work in its favour.

BTW, for those with BBC4, series 3 of the French crime drama, Spiral, starts Saturday and The Killing II starts "later in the year". So, probably, mid-late October. On the evidence of previous series of both, I highly recommend them.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Sons Of Anarchy (Season 1)

Wasn't aware of this show, which is awesome. I love "discovering" television series that have a few seasons in the can, its fun to cruise through a season on a rainy day at the cottage.

It looks a bit like The Last Chapter Mini-series from a decade ago.

Thanks!

The People's Republic of Clogher
It's not often that I use the words 'excellent' and 'Stephen Nolan' in the same sentence but credit where it's due, last night's documentary on the Shankill Butchers was very good indeed. The tubby rabble-rouser is from the area and it seems to have touched him deeply.

Here's the iPlayer link because I doubt if it'll make it's way to the main BBC network - Link

If you're not in the UK all I can say is *cough*proxy*cough*

Bit of background here: My dad was in the CID and Special Branch in Belfast through most of the 70s, in fact he ended up in Tennent St police station, where the main investigation into the Butchers' horrific slaughters was taking place.

It's equally chilling and comforting to see how far this sad little Statelet has come in the past 40 years.