Movies That Are Underrated.....

Tools    

2001 wasn't a critical hit when it was first released, now everyone knows about it. I really want to see Eyes Wide Shut and hopefully i will be able to soon.

Is white trash beautiful
2001 wasn't a critical hit when it was first released, now everyone knows about it. I really want to see Eyes Wide Shut and hopefully i will be able to soon.
Eyes Wide Shut is a good movie,If you like bizzare Kubrick films then definitely check this film out.

People can't tell what makes a good movie these days. Just because a movie is flashy, some will waste time and bucks to see it.

There are so many, I definitely recommend the following:

1) Memento (I think this is the best Nolan film to date)
2) Primer (there are low budget film... this film is NO BUDGET but the story is great)
3) Paradise Now (Two friends are recruited to be suicide bombers)
4) Friends With Money (more for the girls but if you can get past the fact that all the leads are female, there's something there)
5) Waiting
6) Clerks (a little old)
7) Wag The Dog!!!!!!

mine are
#1 lucs
#2 thewizard
#3 thestupids
#4 the one
#5 prombel child
#6 night at the musmen
#7 i robot
#8 the phatom
#9 master of the unsier
#10 hook

Ultraviolet is very under-rated.
I agree, didn't the ending but the movie was bravely creative imho.

adding percy jackson

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Chuck and Buck I never hear anything about this movie, but I thought it was quite good. Chuck is an extremely emotionally stunted gay man whose mother dies. This re-unites him with his childhood friend, Buck, that he had a very complicated relationship with. It's a black comedy that alternately makes you laugh and creeps you out, but remains compassionate and hopeful. That's not always an easy feat for a movie to achieve.

There are so many but some of my favorites are:

Observe and Report (2009)
Reign Over Me (2007)
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007)
Wonderland (2003)
The Salton Sea (2002)
You Can Count on Me (2000)
Strange Days (1995)
Crimson Tide (1995)
Diggstown (1992)
State of Grace (1990)

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.

Crimson Tide (1995)
Agreed. I love this film.

Inside Moves (1980) An older movie than a lot on this thread, but nevertheless a great film. Starts out with an attempted suicide (not a spoiler, it's in the plot description on the DVD and at IMDB) and goes uphill from there. Although it did receive an Oscar nod for Diana Scarwid for Best Supporting Actress, I've never heard people talk about it (critics or friends). Just below the mark of my Top 10 of all-time.

The In-Laws (1979) Definitely not the remake with Michael Douglas. This stars Peter Falk and Alan Arkin and is a really hilarious movie. If you never thought Peter Falk could be funny outside of "Columbo," then watch this one. He totally steals the movie. Everytime I see the title The In-Laws on cable, it's always the remake. I don't think a lot people realize anymore that there was an earlier one.

The Machinist (2004) It got a lot of notice for the fact that Christian Bale lost a massive amount of weight to play the title character, and even got nominated for some critical and foreign awards, winning very few. But I hear very little about it anymore and get blank looks when I ask about it where DVDs are sold. Bale plays a man who hasn't slept in a year (a bit of sci-fi there) and is so wasted that he believes someone is out to get him, which may or may not be true. I love Bale in almost anything, but this is my favorite performane of his which I never hear get mentioned.

All three of the above I highly recommend. The first is a somewhat old-fashioned flick that works, thanks to the direction of Richard Donner and the writing of Valerie Curtin and Barry Levinson (the famous director).

The second is a flat-out comedy but has hilarious lines all throughout. I know comedy is really subjective but I laughed all the way through.

The third is deadly serious but contains a mystery that is eventually solved and left me very satisfied that I stuck through to the end.

The Salton Sea (2002)
Not sure if I'd call it underrated, but I would say it's underexposed.