MoFo Lists

Tools    

Just a very cool lists, vote and support for you MoFo

Nooooooooo

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Is it just me or does the 'search' function on Lists not work?
I just checked it out. It worked for me.

It doesn't work if you just press enter after typing the movie's name, you need to click on search for it to work. At least for me.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Empire have a new Top 100 British Films. It's a very 'Empire' list i.e. favouring recent films maybe a bit too much but it's a bit more populist instead of critical.

Reading Empire's foreign cinema list was a riot, I was thinking "Empire writing about world cinema? HA!"

Of course they still managed to make it somewhat populist by including Amelie, Pan's Labyrinth, City of God, and Spirited Away in the top 10

Interesting list, but I chuckled when I saw Wallace and Gromit ahead of The 39 Steps. Oh well, it is Empire.

I should be getting off my butt and adding another list soon. But in the meantime I wanted to let you guys know that we're approaching our 10,000 user list update. I've been genuinely surprised and very pleased with the frequency with which people have used this as a guide, and set out to watch the things they haven't yet. That was exactly what I was hoping for, and I'm awfully glad it's caught on so well. So thanks.

All of this being a long way of saying I'm definitely going to try to put more time into finishing some of the extra features I'd both conceived and even started creating a year or two back sometime soon.

Cool. Nice to hear you're going to upload another list. I think like 60-70 % of the films I watch nowadays are taken directly from the MoFo lists. Even the ones that normally aren't my cup of tea (Passions, Musicals, sci-fi) I pick the occasional movie here and there whenever I feel up to it. Discovered some great ones like that.

Yoda, theres a pretty decent list called top 100 foreign films from foreignfilms.com. The movies listed are actually quite 'mainstream', you can add that list if you want.

They shoot pictures, don't they (tspdt) also has some good lists. You can add the 'greatest films of the 00s decade' also.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The '00s? 100 films? That sounds like a lot. I like films, but that sounds like a lot for a twelve-year period, at least compared to the other lists. The foreign films, fine; we do have a lot of foreign films, but we can always have more.

Of course they still managed to make it somewhat populist by including Amelie, Pan's Labyrinth, City of God, and Spirited Away in the top 10
Spirited Away didn't make the top 10, it was ranked 11th. Though calling it the best Miyazaki shows how ignorant they are (not that it is not a good candidate for his best but it only shows that they don't know his earlier movies ). Anyway, I wouldn't have any problem putting it at 1st place.

Amelie, Pan's Labyrinth, City of God are among the best foreign language movies of the last 15 years.

Anyway, the list is biased towards modern movies because it was made on popular vote, probably. Not a very bad list, perhaps.

How about adding this list to the lists: http://www.imdb.com/list/hnvRBfilvaI/, the 2009 Kinema Jumpo top 200.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Spirited Away didn't make the top 10, it was ranked 11th. Though calling it the best Miyazaki shows how ignorant they are (not that it is not a good candidate for his best but it only shows that they don't know his earlier movies )
I think it's this sort of comment that garnered you negative rep - not your opinions on movies, but your comments that other people must be 'ignorant' if they do not share your opinions.

How on earth do you know they haven't seen his earlier movies? Perhaps they have, and still preferred Spirited Away.

i think it's this sort of comment that garnered you negative rep - not your opinions on movies, but your comments that other people must be 'ignorant' if they do not share your opinions.

How on earth do you know they haven't seen his earlier movies? Perhaps they have, and still preferred spirited away.
+1