Jennifer Aniston: Good Actress or No?

Tools    

Hiya, I've been watching one of my many entertainment news shows and I just heard Jennifer Aniston has been nominated for TWO Razzie Awards this year. A debate was brought up if Aniston is really a good actress at all, since she only seems to be in romantic comedies and nothing else (I've never seen her in a serious role). Typecasting if you ask me.

But I'm asking you guys if you think that she's Razzie material. She's cute in some movies but the character gets old. Lemme know what you think!

Semper Fooey
I don't think she is terrible, but every time I see her she looks like she is still doing Friends.

I agree. She is the actress of no. If you want a no part done, just call Jenny.

She does what she does, women like her and, more importantly, are prepared to pay to see her. Being "Rachel" has given her a life beyond 40, but I think her time's running out. She's 42 today (Happy Birthday Jen) so she's got about 5 years tops to find another character/role/talent. That said, so long as her fanbase keep paying out, she'll be around.

While I've never seen any evidence of her being a 'good' actress, I've also never seen her in a role where she had the chance to prove it or fail. Maybe it's time to take a risk?

She is definately getting sexier. However, I didn't find her sexy until 5 or 6 years ago (least attractive female 'Friend' by far, IMO) so you may not think I'm speaking with a lot of authority here.

BANNED
The photo is OBVIOUSLY edited! If Jenifer Aniston is not a good actress then why did people still come to movie theaters and watch her films? Why does she have many new upcoming film including a film with Adam Sandler? Well if she really is not a good actress then you are all right.

The photo is OBVIOUSLY edited!
Which photo?

If Jenifer Aniston is not a good actress then why did people still come to movie theaters and watch her films?
They don't, usually. Lots of her recent films have produced disappointing grosses, including her last three or so (The Switch, The Bounty Hunter, and Love Happens. She has a very spotty record of success in these terms. But since when does having fans make someone talented? Lots of famous actors and actresses are not particularly talented, particularly if they also happen to be attractive.

I don't think she's un-talented, but I don't think she's a particularly exceptional actress, either. She's got decent comedic timing.

Why does she have many new upcoming film including a film with Adam Sandler? Well if she really is not a good actress then you are all right.
Brooklyn Decker has a "new upcoming film including a film with Adam Sandler." In fact, it's the same one! And she's just a model who's basically never acted before. Does this make her a good actress, too?

Sheesh.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I've never thought of her as a "bad actress". If you mean, is she one of the top of the line actresses, then, no, she's not. But I believe that she's highly competent and probably better than most of her material. I also believe that she has always been very attractive, even if her beauty was a litle bit offbeat. The only reason that honey thinks more of her now is that he either got his lenses corrected or she has grown into what he wanted in his eyes although all she did was mature.

Superstar? No. Talented? Yes. Her performance in The Good Girl proved she has potential to do more than the mainstream romantic comedy.

Semper Fooey
She is like the composer who keeps hitting the same notes on the piano.

In all her films she is Rachel, maybe only in Derailed and Good Girl(was it good girl not sure but the one with Jake Gylenghall) she had a rather different role

I think she is a beautiful woman, but Friends was more of a night time Soap in my opinion and I think she should have stayed with Soaps. I guess she is too short too be a model.....I dunno

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
What's with her working with comedic actors and starring in a bunch of comedic films all of a sudden? I mean there's Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Owen Wilson, and Paul Rudd. She's been working with alot of comedic actors, it seems.

I think she is a beautiful woman, but Friends was more of a night time Soap in my opinion and I think she should have stayed with Soaps. I guess she is too short too be a model.....I dunno
Friends a soap? You weren't ever questioned for Family Fortunes/Feud, were you? As for modelling, she's far too short for the runway and she's never had the face for it, either.

What's with her working with comedic actors and starring in a bunch of comedic films all of a sudden? I mean there's Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Owen Wilson, and Paul Rudd. She's been working with alot of comedic actors, it seems.
It's because she does rom-com's. Women like her, she's easy on the eye for the guys who get dragged there with them and she played Rachel for 10 years, so it's not exactly a stretch for her.