MoFo art gallery

Tools    

Here's some old stuff including a painting from the only marking period of high school art class that I actually passed and some pages from one of the pads that I always carry around in my pocket for taking notes/doodling in.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by planet news
Very Lynchian
Ta PN Was a Lynchian kinda day (Women with rabbit heads, wearing velvet oxygen masks. Blooming fashionistas )

Been trying to make use of the grevious glitch in my camera phone, but generally just snapping whatever takes me fancy...

It's weird to go much further, because they're from a phone, but I really like this incidental aesthetic you've picked up here with the blurring and the use of reflection. This one is really beautiful and enigmatic even though it looks totally normal if you think about it. But I feel like it captures a certain longing for beyond the window by having the reflection on the left side. The smooth blending is a natural part of the photograph, which is what makes it neat.

Maybe I'm making too much of your phone photos, but who knows...

It's weird to go much further, because they're from a phone, but I really like this incidental aesthetic you've picked up here with the blurring and the use of reflection. This one is really beautiful and enigmatic even though it looks totally normal if you think about it. But I feel like it captures a certain longing for beyond the window by having the reflection on the left side. The smooth blending is a natural part of the photograph, which is what makes it neat.

Maybe I'm making too much of your phone photos, but who knows...
Hah, cheers PN, yeah, I like that one too, even tho I'm not sure why exactly either. At the time I liked something about the 'faux interior' look of shop front, with the dummy still showing a promiscuous amount of leg, and the almost peeping tom aspect of the reflection catching the world going by as well. Liked the tone changes as well in the tint (the reflection comes from a bit of glass perpendicular to the window). There's something in the mix of 'outward lookingness' but separation that's interesting, blurred together in a bit of happenstance.

There are loads of surreal photo opportunities near my work. Crucified shop dummies, headless baby shop dummies, endless reflective surfaces, people moving swiftly.

It is funny how you can ponder over a snap, lining it up, and know that you like it, but not know exactly why. I liked realising that the other 'shop model' one there has rain streaks that kinda mirror the cityscape reflected in the windows. Hadn't spotted it at the time, but it adds something to the dummies staring 'reflectively' out at the street.

But yeah, they are just fuzzy phone snaps

I'm sticking this here too, coz I'm an attention whore

(Plus i'm addicted to the Youtube demographics thing. It's been watched by Mauritians! )

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
here's a zine i just finished. it's my first attempt at a nonfiction perzine. it's pretty small (only 20 pages on 5.5 x 4.25 creme card stock). i've made 20 copies for a start - gonna try to trade some on wemakezines.ning and Etsy!

oh, and planet news provided the coverart! (seen below)

(the quality is kind of bad; i took these on my phone!)

cool story bro

I'm not very good, but I do enjoy drawing. Here are some pencil sketches I did.

Click image for larger version

Name:	328298088.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	7073

Name:	rangerpencil.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	7074

I also did a comic book (now a web comic) using several characters I created/co-created which are now "open-source" characters.

Name:	200810182224380_64370eb5864d80c688c76a524becd8dd.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	7075

[ash_is_the_gal ] very nice art

Very nice art of movie, thanks so much

I just noticed that the website I used to host my comics at is down, so I'm reposting these things, which are all at least 8 years old. This is the order in which I drew them.

Dear god those are wonderful. I really love the fourth one down.

Thanks!

If I were going to do it again I'd have made the sequencing more obvious in no.4 (after the fifth panel you're supposed to skip to the end and read backwards towards the middle), but I'm partial to that one as well. My personal favorite of this bunch is the second-to-last.

Oh, that looks good!

In the Beginning...
Here's a drawing I did as a birthday gift for my former art teacher, who is also married to my boss. Small world, indeed. Anyway, here's the inscription I included:

"The world embarrasses me, and I cannot dream that this watch exists and has no watchmaker." --Voltaire

May you always be your own world-builder. May you spend all the days of your making with joy in your heart.