Movie Theme of the Week!

Tools    

I'm ready for a theme. Dexter, pick something and we'll extend you to next week and when the week (7 days from now) is over, either they can continue your theme or do whatever they want. Then the next person can go on Saturday the 12th.

Well, if Dex doesn't respond to this, I guess we can wait until Saturday for a new theme and if Dex STILL doesn't respond to this, Mrs. Darcy, get ready.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Dexter you are next
I'm ready for a theme. Dexter, pick something and we'll extend you to next week and when the week (7 days from now) is over, either they can continue your theme or do whatever they want. Then the next person can go on Saturday the 12th.
I like that idea What Sexy said.
Ok the theme musicians/singers turned actors.

To be fair, musicians that appear in cameo form as themselves, for the purpose of this theme, doesn't count.

also, to add to the posts a bit, kindly include a vid of the singer, unless it rap in which case i dont need to hear that crap

Dwight Yoakam as Doc Miles in Crank

&feature=fvst

He was also in Sling Blade

I'm going to go with Billy Burnette. Son of Rockabilly pioneer Dorsey Burnette, Billy has been making and recording music professionally since he was a small child. He's released several studio albums, was at one time a member of Fleetwood Mac, and has worked as a session and touring musician for artists like John Fogerty, Bonnie Raitt and Roy Orbison (who recorded Billy's "All I Can Do Is Dream You" on his final studio album Mystery Girl). His solo music has also appeared on the soundtracks to the movies Just One of the Guys, Summer School and Homer And Eddie.

More information about his music can be found here: http://www.billy-burnette.com/ (This is my own website, btw)

Billy has also done a number of B Movies and straight to video sequels (hey nobody said the acting or the movies had to be good), including:

Anyway, the man can't act and his movies are only entertaining in the so-bad-they're-good kind of way, but I do love his music.

Here he is performing "The Chain" with Fleetwood Mac on the Tango In The Night tour. (Circa 1988)
&

And solo, playing his song "My Love Will Not Change" (I think this video was recorded last year)
&

I am half agony, half hope.
I debated about using Rick Springfield, but I'm going with LL Cool J instead.

Enjoy Mr. J and Ms Lopez...

Johann von Goethe

Andre Benjamin Aka Andre 3000

i heard him 1st handling the vocals for the catchy Outkast hit Hey ya.

I've been listening to my iPod on shuffle and it just occurred to me that there is a better choice for this theme that I had overlooked. As much as I love the music of Billy Burnette, his movies are another story altogether.

So I'm switching to Justin Timberlake. Now, I haven't seen a lot of his performances, but I enjoyed him in Alpha Dog (even if I didn't like the movie itself), Black Snake Moan and as the voice of "Artie" in Shrek the Third. As for his music I enjoy most of his solo work, though I always hated NSync.

"Cry Me A River"

it being Superbowl Sunday and all, i feel compelled to have a football themed Avatar.

so

I could have gone with Mac Davis in North Dallas Forty

or

LL cool J in Any Given Sunday

or Markie Mark in Invinceible

Tim McGraw appeared in both Friday Night Lights as well as the Blindside .

in the end though i chose Kris Kistofferson

in the end was another xcuse to post this wonderful song:

Alrighty Football game over..Switchen again.

Huey Lewis appeared as an anal judge in Back to the Future, the joke being that Marty McFly's band did a reworked version of " The Power of Love"

Hueys line consisted of Saying how loud it was..haha

I suppose i could post the power of love vid, but I'm more a fan of the earlier albums.

Trying to choose but one vid is hard, so i won't.

&feature=related

Theme change coming up on Saturday. Anyone still gonna do it? Genesis_Pig is up, but if the Pig doesn't show up/have a theme by then (again), it's Mrs. Darcy's turn and Pig will have to lose a turn.