Pixelated Portrait

Tools    

Goal: Name the character and/or actor.

I will be using 3 degrees of pixelation. Each day I will zoom out a little bit more until it is guessed correctly (the final pixelation will remain until guessed). The majority of these will be horror as I'm a horror buff, but I will throw in other genres.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Is it James Brolin in Westworld?

Is it James Brolin in Westworld?
I like this guess, but it is wrong.

It's definitely either Clint Howard or Nicole Kidman.
Dunno why, but that reply made me laugh. Clint and Nicole look similar? Please do explain, I must know why you said that. LMAO

Nah, it's a closeup of Simon Belmont in Castlevania 2
Also funny! But, it is a movie character. No video games will be used, unless it is a video game adaptation.

My guess would be because at this point it could be Bigfoot or Loch Ness. That picture's . . . really pixelated, dude.
Ha! Have to laugh at this as well. An old buddy of mine use to guess either Bigfoot or Killer Klown as his first guess every time. Who knows keep it up, you may get lucky once.

Yes, it is very pixelated. The first one is suppose to be a challenge. It wouldn't be any fun if everyone figured it out right away every time. I've been very surprised in the past at the ones people can get on the first pic. Also, the more you play the more you'll get use to seeing things in pixelated form.

Dunno why, but that reply made me laugh. Clint and Nicole look similar? Please do explain, I must know why you said that. LMAO
I was kidding around, suggesting that the first level of pixelation is so significant that it could be either one of them, even though they look tremendously different.

To be honest, it sort of looks like a guy holding a gun. (James Bond in Goldeneye maybe?) But I can't make out much more than that.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

I was kidding around, suggesting that the first level of pixelation is so significant that it could be either one of them, even though they look tremendously different.
Please don't get discouraged. Some are easier than others. Wait until I hit a B&W one, those are usually the hardest since there is little color difference.

To be honest, it sort of looks like a guy holding a gun. (James Bond in Goldeneye maybe?) But I can't make out much more than that.

There you go, that's one of the keys to the game. Look for those little details to help you figure out the whole. The character is holding something, but not a gun.

I see the Virgin Mary. What movie was she in?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You know your game is too hard if Holden can't say the correct answer.

You know your game is too hard if Holden can't say the correct answer.

It's only the first pic set. Please give it a chance. I've used this exact same set 3 other times and this set has actually never gotten to the 3rd pixelated version before. It looks like this will be the first time, everyone is different though. From only being on this forum for about a week, I can already tell this forum has a waaaaaay higher intelligence level than the other forums I've ran it on. So, I'm not going to give up on you even if you give up on yourself. NOTE: Remember, I did say most of these will be from the horror genre. With that in mind so far Yoda is the closest with his guess of Nosferatu.