TRON Legacy

→ in
Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Here's my review for TRON Legacy:

TRON Legacy (2010)

What worked in this were clearly the visuals. To say that the story was breathtaking would be an understatement. However, visuals alone can't tell a story. That's not to say the story was terrible, it just wasn't fleshed out well. There were elements that could have been expanded on, or at least hinted to, but the main focus was on Flynn and CLU.

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'm just curious if they address where Jeff Bridges physical body has been for the 20 years of living in the computer chip world.

I'm just curious if they address where Jeff Bridges physical body has been for the 20 years of living in the computer chip world.
His physical body was part of the grid, as is Sam's, once transported in.

I liked the movie too, I'd give

Story was bad, but could have been a whole lot worse.
Most of the ideas were rehashed, hardly anything new was introduced.
But it doesn't top the original at all... The FX were poorly used, during the Lightcycle game, it was difficult to figure the scenes, The camera angles were pathetic.

They could have done a lot more.. The lead actor was good.. so was rest of the cast.
Wasn't too happy with Michael Sheen's portrayal of his character.

If they make a sequel, I'd be excited.

I miss the 80's movies when the nerdy/geeky Techie would save the world.. now it's just the extreme sports guys who also happen to be damn good in computers & technology..

I'm with you, GP. I wasn't a fan of Sheen's character. It's as if he was just walking through the lot one day, and they offered him a part. That seemed to be a waste of a good 15 minutes.

It would have been good for them to do something more with Dillinger's son. Otherwise, why cast Cillian Murphy in a role that had all of two lines?

My main problem with Sheen's character was the Jack Sparrow act.
That, and he didn't really turn the tables or offer some sort of enlightening moment, in the film. Of course, there were a few characters that were like that. I kept thinking to myself, why?

Also...

WARNING: "TRON Legacy" spoilers below
I figured out the ending about half-way through. I knew that the masked character could only be TRON and that Quorra would end up escaping the Grid.

They could've at least alluded to other possibilities, but they made it pretty clear. Still a fun flick.

But it doesn't top the original at all....
Holy crap!?!? It's not as good as a crap 80's film and you're giving it
? The only interest I have in this is how well it does worldwide.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I had a lot of problems with the movie. The visuals were cool, sure, but they never seemed REAL, so I never felt like any of the characters were in danger, and seeing how little they were developed, I just didn't care about them in the first place. Had Sam Flynn been less of a Poochie the Rockin' Dog type, I would have cared what happened to him. Oh, and the film comes to a DEAD STOP in the middle to tell characters backstories? Really bad filmmaking. I wanted to love this, I really did. People around me did, and my friend that went with me did...but I was just unimpressed. (Why wasn't Cillian Murphy the hero of this? He is such a better actor than the guy who was. Didn't Sam Flynn's facial expressions bother anyone else? He looked constipated more than anything else.)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Did anyone else find the "purring" of a particular character annoying?

I'm willing to give it a second viewing, just to solidify my thoughts on it. I'm still wishy-washy. Sure, I gave it 4 popcorn buckets, but I might have been hasty.

I still stick to my rating, cos compared to the trashy remakes & sequels we had this year, this one was atleast decent.

Also it could work well with the kids these days.. it isn't a bad film at all..
It's just that it leaves so much space for improvement & considering the technology they currently had at their disposal, it can be called as a poorly made film.

Forget Clash of the Titans, Saw, etc... Tron is one movie where moviegoers wouldn't question about seeing in 3D... & all they had were 3 or 4 3D scenes, that too about average.

Forget Clash of the Titans, Saw, etc... Tron is one movie where moviegoers wouldn't question about seeing in 3D... & all they had were 3 or 4 3D scenes, that too about average.
That is a surprise. I agree that, if you're going to see this, then 3D sounds like the obvious choice. So I'm surprised to read that that's all there is.

I may have to watch this film one day, as it sounds as if it could be the first film since Episode One to actually be worse than my (already) low expectations.

That is a surprise. I agree that, if you're going to see this, then 3D sounds like the obvious choice. So I'm surprised to read that that's all there is.
I mentioned it before, but the 3D in this is so subtle and not flashy, it does what it's intended to do. I couldn't even tell you when I was looking at 3D and when it was just 2D, they did a remarkable job, in that aspect.

Was thinking this might be good, but i'm put off by some of the reviews. Liked the original but not a big fan or anything. Looks like i'm renting.

I think i'll end up missing out on a LOT of films if I you were my only source HK