Switching Bodies-Film

Tools    

So, there was movie I remember watching sometime in the 90's. The plot from what I can remember was that a man was accidentally killed, and God puts him in the body of a tich guy that was about to die. The thing is that god is trying how to solve the problem but at the same time the wife of the rich guy is trying to kill the rich guy but since God is basically telling the guy who is occupying the rich man's body what is going on the guy avoids being killed. It is more of a comedy, an example of one of the supposed times the rich man's wife tries to kill her husband is when there is something in the bed... The wife throughout this movie doesn't know that another man's mind is occupying the body of her husband. Can anyone help me figure out the title to this movie...

Sounds like Heaven Can Wait (1978).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077663/
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Semper Fooey
It is one of those. They are all different versions of the same story. The second version, Heaven Can Wait is the best known. If it was in color and the dead guy was white, that's it.

Yeah, that's definitely Warren Beatty & Buck Henry's Heaven Can Wait (1978) and not the other versions of that story. The gag with the bed is unique to that one.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Semper Fooey
See how fast people here can answer a movie title question when it is not some obscurity and plot is clearly and accurately described?

Thanks that helped..found the movie....