What Is The Last DVD You WATCHED?

Tools    

I had a four day weekend and the kids had a six day weekend because of the weather, so there was a lot of DVD watching going on over Thanksgiving...

Merry Madagascar (2009)

Bolt (2008)

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009)

The Greatest American Hero (Pilot Episode) (1981)

The Fugitive (1993)

Eat Pray Love & Pillars of The Earth - Both books originally. Both great adaptations.

Easy one for me...

...Criterion Collection finally released this gem to the unsuspecting public. I've been watching it practically in loop since it's release date on October 26, 2010. I'll write a review of it eventually, because House, (by my own definition), has to be one of the greatest cinematic creations ever to come out of Japan... or for that fact... any country... ever...
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Taxi Driver....classic that never gets old!

Midnight Madness (1980)

I got this for my wife who remembered it very fondly from her childhood, but could never remember the name of it. She finally did a couple of weeks ago, so I ordered it. She was very excited when it showed up yesterday. So much that she had to watch it right away, which never happens. Apparently, it lived up to her memories of it, and she's ready to watch it again.

This movie is definitely a product of its time. It's just a silly story about a bunch of college kids on an all night scavenger hunt. I'd say it's not very memorable, but apparently it is, because my wife remembered it all these years. Notable for being the film debuts of Michael J. Fox and Paul "Pee-Wee Herman" Reubens, though they might like to forget. I liked it ok. And she loved seeing it again, so it was totally worth picking up.

My Girlfriend's Boyfriend.. although I didn't watch it on DVD per sé....

The final episode, The Getaway, to be more specific. Very very sad right now.