The MoFo Desktop Thread

Tools    

Oh snap. You serious?

The Adventure Starts Here!
Heck yeah. I do this every year (since 2004). In fact, the 2004 novel placed as a runnerup (top 4) in a national contest in 2006.

I LOVE NaNoWriMo. Am sitting here plotting out this year's fiasco right now.

In fact, the 2004 novel placed as a runnerup (top 4) in a national contest in 2006.
Christ that's impressive. A winner is you! I know a girl who does it every year too, but her stuff is mostly just random and hilarious because of it. I can't even imagine doing something of quality in so short a time.

Well, to be fair, I wrote the first 50K words in November of that year and then wrote the final 25K and did the copy editing later in the next year. I never finish a piece during NaNo, because a novel's more than 50K words, but I always get enough momentum to finish it later.

I might do some of my typing this year on a gargantuan IBM Selectric typewriter I just got from eBay last week!

Now that final part's just crazy.

You crazy.

I guess it's pretty easy to scan it in digitally and stuff though, right?

Yeah, it gets good paper coverage and will OCR scan really well. I won't use it every day, and certainly not when I'm out at a library or coffee shop (ha ha ha, this thing weighs a ton), but there's something strangely productive about seeing the paper MOVE and hearing the machine hum and click and clack...

But I digress.... I use NaNo calendar desktops all month to remind me constantly what word count I should hit on any given day....

This is what I have up lately:

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i love post secret.. i check it every sunday to see the new week's secrets. here lately, i could have wrote many on there.

Looks like I better get the electronic cleaning lady in.

More importantly, you officially have the most boring and unoriginal wallpaper ever. Stock Gone Fishing wallpaper ZZzzzzz.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Here's my work desktop. I like my screen resolution to be the max possible, if you couldn't tell.

For obvious reasons, I had to hide my icons.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	background.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	376.4 KB
ID:	6929  
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg