Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Predict The Gross ?

Tools    

I thought i would start a new game where everyone would predict how much a film would make at Box Office.

I don`t know if this has been done before but what the hell let's have fun shall we.

If you want to move this to the game thread then that is fine.

Anyway...

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part One

Directed by David Yates
Written by Steve Kloves (Based On The Novel by J.K Rowling)
Starring : Daniel Radcliffe , Rupert Grint & Emma Watson

Previous Gross

Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone ($974,733,550)
Harry Potter & The Chamber Of Secrets ($878,643,482)
Harry Potter & The Prisoner Of Azkaban ($795,634,069)
Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire ($895,921,036)
Harry Potter & The Order Of Pheonix ($938,468,864)
Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince ($933,959,197)

Prediction Gross
Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Pt1 ($1,207,971,091)

Post your predictions below.

Is the production cost available yet?

Depending on those who grew up with this I would find it hard to believe it would be a slump, though that's totally possible, but I see it making at least $1 billion worldwide. I'm curious to compare between part 1 and 2

Semper Fooey
That's all?

Pretty cheap considering that was originally the budget for The Ghost Rider sequel.

Easy A cost 8 Million and look how much that took. Almost 10 times its budget. I reckon its time for HP to break the billion mark. Prove that other studios can do it besides Disney all the time.

I assume that $125,000,000 prediction is opening weekend? Because it'll at least come close to that in its first 3 or 4 days, easily.

I, too, think it'll top $1 billion, mainly given rising ticket prices and the fact that it's the last one. And, you know, it looks pretty good, too, which can be a factor.

Depending on those who grew up with this I would find it hard to believe it would be a slump, though that's totally possible, but I see it making at least $1 billion worldwide.

My prediction is that it will gross over 9000 million.

10 billion pesos.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

In case anyone's wondering, that's about $816 million, which would make it the lowest grossing film in the series. Unless Harry's also predicting a dramatic shift in the exchange rate.

It'll be the lowest grossing film in the series, and there'll be a dramatic shift in the exchange rate.

Ya heard it here first, folks.