What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

A childhood favorite. I wish they had restored the four minutes excised jus prior to release by prude executives but the new transfer looks excellent and really shows off just how groundbreaking the animation was. Here's hoping there's enough interest to warrant a Blu-ray release by Disney.

Keys

Why?

cause I wanted too.

"The Larry Sanders Show" THE COMPLETE SERIES

Let's Spend the Night Together
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Double feature of The Fugitive (1993) and US Marshals (1998). It was for our anniversary because The Fugitive was the first movie my wife and I went to see together, but I could only find it in the double feature.

Got Toy Story 3 (2010) last night to put away with the other two for Christmas. For Christmas each kid will get a big toy from the movie and then the trilogy will be the whole family gift. They're going to love it.

Because I really like James Purefoy and always wanted to see him lead an adventure epic like this. It's a weak film and what should be it's biggest strength in action scenes are handled with a lack of imagination and little flair, BUT Purefoy pretty much saves it with a very good performance and it does feel like an epic film at times with the beautiful landscape.

The People's Republic of Clogher

It's now even (very nearly) as cheap to buy the bargain bin stuff as it is to rent it.

£1.90 new including postage.

Welcome to the human race...

Both of these were going surprisingly cheap ($5 and $10 respectively) so I figured why not? The latter one saved me the trouble of watching the whole season online anyway.

'Lost Boys: The Thirst'. For nostalgic reasons. Plus I didn't think 'Lost Boys:The Tribe' was too bad. Yeah, an acquired taste for bad movies, I know.

King of Couch Potatoes
Pirate Radio
Orphan
A Serious Man
Cold Souls
Fighting
Toy Story 3

I bought all 6 of those last Tuesday. Toy Story because it was the only new release I cared for. The other 5 I bought because Blockbuster was having a 5 for $20 sale so I picked up five. Though I will say Fighting was pretty much crap and only picked it up because I needed a fifth movie and I like Terrence Howard, so Terrence Howard seemed good enough in comparison to the other available movies in that section.

Last movie I got was Iron Man 2 on blu ray. I know there's a thread for Iron Man 3 and I am sure there's one for this one too, but I thought it was alright. It definately wasn't as good as the first one, but sequels rarely are.

King of Couch Potatoes
Just bought Scott Pilgrim and Grown Ups earlier.