Favorite Bad Movies?

Tools    

Commando is pretty hokey in every way and yet all-around-enjoyable. Some of my favorite bad acting and dialog there. "Sleeting a leetle girl's throat, eez like cutting warm butter."

I think Swedish Chef was a fan as well.

A movie with some incredibly silly characters that I love is Fist of the Northstar, though perhaps it goes without saying I have a very hard time calling anything that unique a "bad" thing.

If They Live had slightly more dignity, it would probably be one of my favorite films of all time.

And I don't mean the long-ass fight scene either. That was pure cinematic brilliance.

Actually... I don't know WHAT I would cut out... I love the film just as it is. I think it is extremely profound on very non-ironic level, and much more so than most people give it credit for.

9.5/10 out of sheer love

They Live has one of my all time favorite lines in it...

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Who doesn't love it...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A system of cells interlinked
Just watched They Live a couple weeks back - yup - it still rocks

They Live is, and always will be, awesome! Of course, Roddy Piper is my all-time favorite wrestler, so there you go.

Other favorite so-bad-they're-good movies:

The Punisher (Dolph Lundgren version)
Masters of the Universe (Dolph again)
Howard the Duck
No Holds Barred (Hulk Hogan's cinematic masterpiece, but it pales in comparison, of course, to Piper's They Live)

I would have to go with The Room

OH HAI

&feature=related

Just another reviewer
I have to say Dead Alive by Peter Jackson. Just so many moments in those movie are corkey but something to remember.
And what Fiscal said The room. An perfect film to rip on while drinking a beer with friends.
"Lets get something to eat huh."

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
We have a Winnah

Released in 79' to cash in on the success of science-fiction epic flick you may have heard about, I present the champion, the one the only...

StarCrash

&feature=related

Star Crash looks like a CLASSIC trash flick - a must see!
It is. I've long been a fan, and recently snapped up an excellent 2 disc release on the Roger Corman's Cult Classics label.

I also upgraded Forbidden World from VHS; Galaxy of Terror from my bootleg dvd-r of the old Italian release, and the excellent Humanoids from the Deep which I also own as Monster on pre-cert vhs, and a dvd-r bootleg of the Japanese release.

Safe to say these are some of my favourite bad movies (though I maintain that Humanoids from the Deep is genuinely good).

One of my favorite "bad" movies was always 'Remo Williams - The Adventure Begins' starring Fred Ward.

I think I have a soft spot for Mortal Komabat: Anihilation. It was pretty bad, but for some reason I still get a sick sense of enjoyment when I watch it.

Also I would probably say Over the Top, I mean what isn't there to love about Stallone going in an arm wrestling competition, all the while he is trying to reconnect with his son after his wife dies, just bad plot, and very cheesy, but still a good one to watch!

And of course Piranha 2: The Spawning. What's not to love! Piranhas that fly!
As soon as they make a Jaws 5: Psycho Megladon that can fly - Then we are well and truly screwed.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I would have to go with The Room

OH HAI
I'm going with The Room too! It's so bad but I can't stop watching it.

I think I actually love Tommy Wiseau.

Godzilla’s Revenge (1969) – Made up predominantly from stock footage taken from other Japanese monster movies.

hahahhahah! OK that one's on my list for sure.

I would add Intruders (the one about alien abduction). It was released in 84 (I think) and I don't think it even made it's way onto DVD.