Caity's Top 100.…

→ in
Tools    

Thank you... and you are correct. I do have an affinity for Native American films... and love Chris Eyre... and his films... it could have something to do with the wee fact that I'm half Tsalagi...
Is that a sub-tribe of Cherokee or just another (correct) name for Cherokee?

It's nice to find someone else who has seen Skins... and enjoyed it... I actually wrote a review on it that is posted on MoFos somewhere...
I enjoyed it very much. Your #1 movie is the first time I ever saw Wes Studi (Magua). While most people find his character incredibly evil, I always understood his reasoning. I read the Cooper stories as a kid.

Have you seen Eyre's short film A Thousand Roads (2005)? If so, did you like it? I haven't seen it yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407254/

Is that a sub-tribe of Cherokee or just another (correct) name for Cherokee?
Our original name is Aniyunwiya... which means 'The People'... Cherokee is actually a Creek word that means 'people who speak different'.... the Europeans picked it up years ago, and from then on, most people called us by that name... We call ourselves Tsalagi...

I enjoyed it very much. Your #1 movie is the first time I ever saw Wes Studi (Magua). While most people find his character incredibly evil, I always understood his reasoning. I read the Cooper stories as a kid.

Okay... this really made me smile... To me, there was a lot more to Magua and I've never seen him as the bad guy... we had a small discussion about The Last of the Mohicans in the Ethnic/Racial Movies thread you might like to read...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Have you seen Eyre's short film A Thousand Roads (2005)? If so, did you like it? I haven't seen it yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407254/

No, I need to order that one but just keep forgetting to... I've heard really good things about it though...

Such an amazing list of movies , out of your movies these are the ones I've seen, the ones in bold are some of my favourite movies:

The Quick and the Dead
The Breakfast Club
Sense and Sensibility
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
The Departed
Blood Diamond
Rabbit-Proof Fence

Welcome to the human race...
Such an amazing list of movies , out of your movies these are the ones I've seen, the ones in bold are some of my favourite movies:

The Quick and the Dead
The Breakfast Club
Sense and Sensibility
The Departed
Blood Diamond
Rabbit-Proof Fence
I wonder why they're your favourites.

The Quick and the Dead
The Breakfast Club
Sense and Sensibility
The Departed
Blood Diamond
Rabbit-Proof Fence
Wow... you've only seen seven on my list? You should really check out a few of them... especially Benny and Joon and Amélie... I think you would like both of them...

Caitlyn ur avatar is scary ass f****
I know... I love it...

I wonder why they're your favourites.

I love your list! A lot of fun, offbeat interesting choices and not the same films that you see on everyone else's lists...I literally screamed when I saw #100 was Westworld...I absolutely love that movie and you don't see a lot of discussion about it on these boards. It was also great to see Crash on your list...I couldn't believe you had Benny and Joon on there and I also screamed when I saw Edward Scissorhands in your top 10. Awesome list!

A system of cells interlinked
I miss Caity...

Yeah, me too. I know that, all things considered, it would seem unlikely that the unthinkable happened, but given that there was no buildup at all and not so much as a peep since, it's hard not to think that. Hopefully it's just us that's missing her and not everyone.