What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The day before yesterday I bought:
Alien Limited Edition
American Beauty
No Country For Old men
Dark City

Yesterday I got:
Executive Decision/Tequila Sunrise/Tango & Cash 3 pack
Little Big Man
The Searchers
Wyatt Earp
Ocean's Eleven & Twelve
Last Of The Mohicans
Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid
Underbelly Season 1

And today I went to a small book shop and picked up All The Presidents Men for $2.50

Good old Doug McClure. I hadn't seen these since I was around 10 years old, and I had a whole lot of fun re-watching them. So much in fact that I'm also going to pick up The People That Time Forgot to complete the series.

Childhood favourite was always Warlords of Atlantis, but this time round At the Earth's Core pipped it with the funky lighting and telepathic lizard men on wires. Not to mention Caroline Munro.

Also found Larry Cohen's overrated but fun It's Alive series again (I had them a few years back and foolishly traded them in - been regretting it ever since). Island of the Alive is by far the most entertaining of the series in my opinion. Just need The Ambulance and Hell Up In Harlem now and I'll be happy.

Also picked up these two dirt cheap...

I recently bought the two disc special edition of Resident Evil Apocalypse. This is one of my all time favorite movies. I love this edition and I thought my DVD collection needs it.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

One night when me and my friends were doing the quiz in the pub and during one round we were handed a sheet of movie scenes and obviously, you had to guess what each movie was. We sat looking at one picture of someone with a furry hat in the snow and I screamed that it was Fargo and I got it right. Little did anyone else know that I've never seen Fargo and I didn't even know what it was about and it had to have been one of the luckiest guesses ever! So I happened to find a used copy in Cex and I just had to buy it.

"Modern Family" SEASON ONE

"Community" SEASON ONE

"30 Rock" SEASON FOUR

"The Office" SEASON SIX

"Bored to Death" SEASON ONE

The Square

My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Danny Boyle's Sunshine and Chasing Amy (Kevin Smith, of course). Haven't gotten a chance to watch the former yet. I also received a number of Blu-rays for my birthday last week: Kick-Ass, The Adventures of Robin Hood, Vanishing Point, The Matrix, Casablanca, and North by Northwest. The last title looks absolutely astounding in 1080p for those of you who are interested. I only wish I could have gotten a change to see it projected in 35mm.

Prince of Persia... Ben Kingsley thats mostly why...

One night when me and my friends were doing the quiz in the pub and during one round we were handed a sheet of movie scenes and obviously, you had to guess what each movie was. We sat looking at one picture of someone with a furry hat in the snow and I screamed that it was Fargo and I got it right. Little did anyone else know that I've never seen Fargo and I didn't even know what it was about and it had to have been one of the luckiest guesses ever! So I happened to find a used copy in Cex and I just had to buy it.
I finally got around to watching Fargo last year... and loved it. Let me know what you think...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I finally got around to watching Fargo last year... and loved it. Let me know what you think...
I love Fargo. It's one of the few violent movies that I can watch over and over and I'm not sure why that is ???? I'd give it 3.5/4.0 and it would be in my top 100 but not my top 10.

The Thin Red Line CRITERION COLLECTION

Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence CRITERION COLLECTION

"Party Down" SEASON TWO

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Is that the "restored" version from this year because I don't think it's been released. I guess your campus might be able to get a copy of it with the extra 25-30 minutes.

The first three listed I got for £6 overall and I am not telling anybody where.

The last one I got for £2. Got Drag Me To Hell because I hadn't seen it before. Romeo Brass because I love it; Inglourious Bastards because I need to finally determine whether or not it's better than Pulp Fiction or not (I'm still blown away by it, particuarly Melanie Laurent) and got Fish Called Wanda because, well, I love that too. Overall the bargain prices played a big role as I wouldn't normally buy so many DVDs in one day.

I just bought me a Panasonic walmart cheapy...it was Divx certified and that's all I really wanted..works great too

The People's Republic of Clogher

Woof!

I'm really starting to itch for this 42" TV I'm saving up for.

But I still buy DVDs, but only on price and non HD availability grounds.

Jay Leno calling the Irish PM a 'drunken moron' brought The Late Shift back into my conciousness and I heard it mentioned again today on local radio. Amazon are great.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I just got around to watching it this weekend! I was afraid that I wasn't going to enjoy it because I hyped it up so much but it was amazing! It totally solidified my love for Steve Buscemi .

I bought these after my birthday. I think they're a sign that I'm trying to hold to being a teen for as long as possible!